Arthritis of the ligaments and Ischial spine bone

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
jaxi123

Arthritis of the ligaments and Ischial spine bone

Post by jaxi123 »

Has anyone ever been told you now have arthritis in the pelvic floor and of the ligaments and Ischial spine bone? I am now being told this and told it was due to the decompression surgery amd that I should have never had the surgery! I was told I am getting much worse and no treatment in sight!
stephanies

Re: Arthritis of the ligaments and Ischial spine bone

Post by stephanies »

Is your pain getting worse? I find, for me, that the harder doctors look for the driver of my pain, the more “abnormalities” they find that may or may not be contributing to my pain. I research and look into everything, but haven’t attempted any treatments in years for fear of getting worse. It seems that Dr. Hibner is acknowledging the potential role of Tarlov Cysts more in pudendal pain, but I recognize that the surgery to treat them is hit or miss and some do get worse. My cysts are very small and have been dismissed as a cause even by most of the experts, but I am not sure. In addition, I have been told that I may have a tethered spinal cord, but having only PN pain from that would be an extremely unusual (although not impossible) presentation. Anyway, I feel like you do, no end in sight and very frustrated and I send you my support.
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”