Looking for postsurgical experiences

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
LauraG

Looking for postsurgical experiences

Post by LauraG »

Hi, I'm relatively new on this forum and am interested in hearing/seeing more from members who have had pudendal nerve decompression surgery, particularly about what their postsurgical recovery was like. I have seen Dr. Conway but am very hesitant to proceed with this very invasive procedure with a very long and arduous recuperation period with only 50-60% chance for improvement in symptoms.
April

Re: Looking for postsurgical experiences

Post by April »

Hi Laura,

I had surgery with Hibner in December, and I think it was quite successful. You can find a thread about it under my name and the subject "recent surgery." My pn pain was almost immediately lower than before the surgery. Once I recovered from the incision pain (a few weeks), my overall pain levels were lower than before surgery. The rate of drops in my pain have slowed, but I am continuing (at a slow pace) to have less and less pain. I am still on all three drugs I was on prior to the surgery, but I have cut my dose of one almost in half, and I am going to start tapering off of another very soon. More importantly, I almost never need ice or heat during the day, and I often don't need it in the evening. (I used ice 24-7 before.) What are your symptoms? What treatments have you tried? How did your pn start?

April

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”