Kneeling chair

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
kat

Kneeling chair

Post by kat »

I bought a kneeling chair since my obtorator still does not allow me to sit for more than 5 min. It is very helpful. Just be very careful to relax all your muscles while you kneel so it doesn't stir things up.

Has anyone bought the HARA chair?

Kathy
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.
KRISG

Re: Kneeling chair

Post by KRISG »

hI CAT

is it this one http://www.harachairusa.com/ ?
I think indeed this must be helpful as the pressure gets on the outside of your pelvis .
I always use a sportcar chair that is a bit to small for me :oops:
It has a bit the same effect I think

Kris
Bicyclist / IT guy / sitting allot
Then pain -- but only when sitting--
took me 3 years - nerve blocks etc to find out that it really was the surface of a chair that could help.. Now . After 5 years doing well -- on a special chair - special recumbent bike- special car - but ..almost without pain !!
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Kris

Would you mind telling us about yout Twike and also your recumbant bike in another thread?
The more we hear the more we learn!

Thanks

Amanda
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
elizabeth.w

Post by elizabeth.w »

This chair looks incredible. Has anyone had any experience with it?

Thanks!
kat

Post by kat »

My PT told me today that kneeling is not a good fix for the pain. She said the pudendal nerve needs to learn to stretch with walking, climbing stairs and sitting. She said that the pudendal nerve needs to learn to slide between the muscles and if I don't force it to move it will heal too tight and won't slide properly. Do what you think is best, just be aware that I'm looking for things to stop the pain and they may not always be the best answer.
Also, this kneeling chair is on this site so you may want to talk to your doc. or PT about it before you get it to be sure is is healthy for you.
Kathy
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.
neopeius

Post by neopeius »

I found kneeling chairs by accident--my brother had one, and I tried it on a lark during a really bad flare. I was able to sit for hours on end! I wonder if that just made things worse, though, ultimately.

I am avoiding all chairs, currently. I am wondering if avoiding all sitting will eventually lead to recovery.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

neopeius wrote:
I am avoiding all chairs, currently. I am wondering if avoiding all sitting will eventually lead to recovery.
Might depend on what caused the problem in the first place. Theoretically it seems that if your onset of symptoms is associated with sitting too much you might have to avoid sitting indefinitely but if there is another cause maybe the nerve will heal and you will be able to sit again. I guess it would be hard to predict. :(

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”