I think I found the "it" that caused my PGAD

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
Hopeitworks

I think I found the "it" that caused my PGAD

Post by Hopeitworks »

Hi,
I have always believed the cause of PGAD was my hormones. I base my theory on this because I got PGAD when I stopped taking Spironolactone( Blocks testosterone and DHEA). I recently had a lot of hormone testing done and I attached some interesting findings.

My Sex binding hormone is 2,000 - so do you all think this could be the "it" that caused PGAD? My Testosterone and Estrogen are changing rapidly from your low to really high. I read that having a high Sex binding hormone level can be treated with oxytocin. I am seeking your thoughts if you believe I am on the right path?

I don't have PN symptoms just PGAD my MRI didn't show anything of real significances.

I am meeting with Dr. Dob from Johns Hopkins this Tuesday and I am hoping she will help me.

Hope
Attachments
Dr. Goldstein Hormone labs.pdf
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 153 times
April

Re: I think I found the "it" that caused my PGAD

Post by April »

Oh, wow, Hope. The range for that hormone is 24.6 to 122, and you are at over 2,000, so something is definitely wrong. I didn't know what that was, so I did some googling. So, anything I would report on that would just be from a website. So you see the doctor on Tuesday? When a patient has a blood test result that is significantly different from the range, the clinic usually calls ASAP and lets the patient know and gives them a sense of what is going on. Have you gotten a call? I suppose Tuesday is right around the corner, so maybe the doctor is just waiting to go over everything on Tuesday. The good news is it that you may be able to pinpoint the cause of your PGAD. Thank you for sharing all this, and do keep us posted.

April
Hopeitworks

Post by Hopeitworks »

April,

Well, the doctor that ordered the test is not the same doctor I am seeing on Tuesday. I can't afford to see Dr. Goldstein, but it was kind of him to order the hormones testing. Hopefully, Dr. Dobs is full of useful knowledge and can help me. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this is the cause. If it is then I am very hopeful I have a way to be treated successfully. Or at least that's what I am hoping for.

Hope
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hopefully you are on the right track. I'm not an expert in PGAD caused by hormone imbalances but the doctor you are seeing should be able to tell you, or if not maybe she can contact Dr. Goldstein for advice. It would be great if this is easily treatable. Please keep us posted.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
jenaliaanderson

Post by jenaliaanderson »

I hope you will get your proper solution for your problem.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”