Botox Injections into Pelvic Floor

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
Emily B

Botox Injections into Pelvic Floor

Post by Emily B »

Does anyone know the possible side effects of botox injections into the pelvic floor? If you've had these injections, what was your experience? Did you experience any worsening of pain? Pain relief?

Thanks,
Emily B.
jaxi123

Re: Botox Injections into Pelvic Floor

Post by jaxi123 »

No relief
Violet M

Re: Botox Injections into Pelvic Floor

Post by Violet M »

Emily, I can remember several people who have had bad reactions to Botox. One of them was Ezer who used to post on this forum and as I recall, it increased his pain levels for awhile. I know another guy who had it into the bladder and it increased his pain levels. Another gal who used to post on the PNE forums had more of a systemic reaction that made her feel ill for a long time afterward but I don't remember what her forum name was. So, yes it can have side effects although most people don't have anything permanent like that.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”