Symptoms come and go

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Ashley2486

Symptoms come and go

Post by Ashley2486 »

Do pudendal nerve issues come and go? I'm so confused. I have been going to a physical therapist and I was starting to feel better. Over the weekend of 4th of July, I was going to the bathroom pretty normal... More normal than I have in a while. Now all of the sudden I am having weird urine retention feeling and not being able to have a solid bowel movement. How can I be fine one day and then have issues the next? Is this something that is consistent or does it come and go? I'm almost wondering if I should get checked for an infection. I have been dealing with the retention for over a week now. Nothing is making it better. This is hopeless. I felt like the physical therapy was getting better. I hate this stupid problem more than anything! I feel like I can't even live a normal life. This is the dumbest thing ever and I'm so mad it happened....
wannagetbetter

Re: Symptoms come and go

Post by wannagetbetter »

Please keep me posted. I have urine retention too and would like to understand it more.
Violet M

Re: Symptoms come and go

Post by Violet M »

Yes, symptoms can come and go. Warm water might help your muscles relax so you can go. You could try a sitz bath or try going in the shower which would be a better choice if you do have an infection.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”