The office setup that works for me (chair and desk riser)

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Mamacitas

The office setup that works for me (chair and desk riser)

Post by Mamacitas »

Hey everyone,

I was diagnosed with PN a little over a month ago after having pretty severe symptoms for several months and what I now recognize, in hindsight, as subtle PN symptoms for over a year. I recently started PT and making lifestyle changes. The thing that has helped me a lot is making adjustments to my workplace setup. I just invested in a desk riser and special chair, and it’s already made a dramatic difference in how I feel by the end of the day. As a warning, yes this stuff is not cheap. I hesitated for a while and tried cheaper products but they didn't work. I even tried to make my own desk riser and uh... yeah it wasn't ergonomic lol. This stuff is expensive, but I think of it as an investment in my career and health. Here’s what setup has worked for me:

I bought a stance move ext chair, made by healthpostures – it’s the only chair that goes from sitting to kneeling to standing. The standing position is very comfortable – and this is coming from someone who really hates standing lol. I had previously bought a kneeling chair from healthy back , and it was better than normal sitting but still flared me up if I used it for too long. The Stance Move chair is much better; I can literally use it all day with no symptoms. Tip: buy it from amazon or wayfair for cheaper than directly from the healthpostures site. Wayfair is good because they give you a percentage of your purchase price in a rewards credit for future purchases.

I also bought a varidesk pro plus 36 (desk riser). I chose the pro plus 36 because it’s wide enough to put other objects on in addition to my desktop computer (notepad, office supplies, coffee, etc). It can adjust to any height and is super easy to use. It’s basically an elevated workspace, not just an elevated computer.

Pics are below. Please let me know if anyone has questions.

PS- After a lot of trial and error, I’ve found what cushions work best for me so I’ll share that in a separate thread.
Attachments
desk close up
desk close up
IMG_0377.JPG (513.67 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
desk
desk
IMG_0376.JPG (298.19 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
chair
chair
IMG_0374.JPG (403.83 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Violet M

Re: The office setup that works for me (chair and desk riser

Post by Violet M »

Thanks for sharing your great seating suggestions (including pictures)!

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”