EMG and 3T MRI results

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
IHatePNE

EMG and 3T MRI results

Post by IHatePNE »

Hi I have recently had EMG tests with Dr. Conway's office as well as the 3T MRI at the hospital for special surgery (it was reviewed by Dr. Hollis Potter) I wont type out the whole reports but I will list all details I think are relevant. Any feedback/comments would be appreciated and I can provide more information on request.

EMG

ALCOCK'S CANAL: LEFT (3.30 MS) RIGHT ( 2.90 MS)

SS/ST LIGAMENTS: LEFT (2.10 MS) RIGHT (2.00 MS)

CENTRAL CONDUCTION TIME: NORMAL

IMPRESSION: DELAY AT THE LEVEL OF ALCOCK"S CANAL LEFT GREATER THAN RIGHT

(This is interesting as my penile numbness is worse on the left than the right.)

3T MRI

1) No Presacral or Precoccygeal soft tissue mass.

2) Asymmetric thickening of Right SS Ligament (Dr. Potter writes that this of questionable relevance due to lack of anal symptoms).

3) ST Ligaments are symmetric.

4) In the Posterior margin of the Alcock's canal, there is a linear band of scar tissue coursing with the right pudendal nerve adjacent to a prominent varix which lies between the nerve

5) Small Varices at the anteroinferior margin of Alcock's Canal bilaterally but greater on left that right (Hmm...my numbness is worse on left than right).

6) Small varices course with the dorsal nerve to the penis within the penis proper more prominent on left than right (left worse than right again) there is no defined varicocele.

7) Nerves in the penile shaft appear unremarkable.
ezer

Re: EMG and 3T MRI results

Post by ezer »

It means nothing to me.
I had 2.4ms on the left and 3.7ms on the right. I had pain on the right. Those numbers were a proof I had PNE apparently according to Drs. Weiss and Mann. Really all it meant was that my right obturator was spasming because of the pain and irritating the P nerve, not that I was entrapped.

I had similar findings from my MRN and 3TMRI (not Potter). Again it was meaningless and just showed that my muscles were tight and I had pelvic floor dysfunction. I had the same varices you have and in fact my report was much more alarming than yours with some gruesome description of my P nerve entrapped in the Alcock's canal (that has never been decompressed during my surgeries because the surgeons completely ignored the imaging findings).
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since

Return to “MRI/MRN”