Dr Echenberg and PGAD

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
Barbie

Dr Echenberg and PGAD

Post by Barbie »

I have struggled with dysthaetic vulvodynia for about five years, came after major back spasms after weightlifting and swimming, all then started after osteopathic massage for this. I have tried Pt, which wasn't very successful. As I don't have the "sutting" symptom, seems to rule out pudendal neuralgia, but I read on Dr Echenberg's website, he has a special interest in PGAD, that everyone with any degree of PGAD has some pudendal involvement. Just wondered if anyone had any input.

Many Thanks
Violet M

Re: Dr Echenberg and PGAD

Post by Violet M »

You can have pudendal neuralgia without an entrapment in which case I think you could have some of the symptoms of PN without sitting pain. Can't say for sure that PGAD always has pudendal involvement. I don't know if Dr. E. considers the sacral nerve roots S2,3,4 that feed into the pudendal as part of the pudendal nerve. One study showed that tarlov cysts in the sacral area may be one of the causes of PGAD. Also some people feel that going off SSRI drugs may be what caused their PGAD but I don't know if there is pudendal nerve involvement in their cases or not. I'm not sure anyone can say for sure.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”