PNE inventions I wish I could make

Here is a place for social chats with special attention to support and non medical discussions. We need a place to chill out, where we can distract from our pain and enjoy lighter moments, share a joke or funny moment with others.
pianogal

PNE inventions I wish I could make

Post by pianogal »

Today, I thought of 3 PNE inventions I'd like to make, if only I didn't have PNE so I could make them!

1- Cushion Cover Purse - (the simplest idea) A Purse Cover for my ICN cushion. Shaped like a leather purse in a box shape with a hinged lid that snaps opens (and snaps shut) and can fold under so you can sit on the cushion part without inconvenience. Has strap. Has snap on mini inner purse that you snap out when you use the cushion to sit on. Can have multiple covers that snap on... I want a black leather ruffled exterior, with 3 inch layers of black leather ruffles. Ah... Then a gold one... and maybe a plain old medium brown leather one. Then I'd only have one purse to carry, not a purse and a geeky cushion. Or, I could do a folded cushion mockup purse... my husband was planning on making me one last year but never got around to it.

2- Icing Undies - Undies with extensions of ice in all appropriate places, that you slip on over your undies to ice yourself, and then slip back in the freezer to prep for next time. Oh how I wish someone made these!

3- Water Seat - You know those sitting bathtubs for old people? Imagine one of those, filled with a jacuzzi motor, in your living room... with a mat under it to avoid drips... and then going into it to sit with those pants that people who Fly Fish wear... so you slip those pants over your clothes, sit in the mini water jacuzzi, and watch tv pain free at whatever temperature you prefer... dry... and without anything squeezing you.

Ah... too bad these inventions will never make me rich. Only a few dozen people in the world will ever need them!
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Celeste

Re: PNE inventions I wish I could make

Post by Celeste »

I think the underwear would be marketable. There's a thing called an ice vest to be used for people who work in heat-stress environments. They wear it under other protective clothing, and it has pockets which hold blue gel ice inserts next to their skin to keep their core temperature from rising too high.

There's a company called Thirty One Designs which sells lots of purses that have a swap-out design cover. They are really taking off in the home-party retail world. Since your product is marketed towards people with a medical issue, I think it would really have a chance since nothing, and I mean NOTHING, in those offerings is pretty. The best case scenario is packs for wheelchairs that look like outdoor/travel gear.

If you could find a way to get some prototypes made, you should look into an Etsy site to sell them. It's like eBay for crafters. People sell all kinds of things you wouldn't think of on it, too. There are cotton menstrual pads and garment to wear them in, for example. Pomegranate and I were once talking about if somebody could make that garment with a way to hold a an ice pad, but I don't know if she ever asked any of her Etsy contacts about it.

I say go for it.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

I'd buy your stuff, Pianogal!
Especially the Cushion Cover Purse! :D
Good luck!
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
A's Mommy

Post by A's Mommy »

I laughed so hard at the freakin' water seat idea that the ice fell out of MY pants!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL THANKS FOR THE LAUGH, I NEEDED IT!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

yeay! glad to make you laugh. They say laughter is the best medicine. I'd find that debatable, but it definitely helps!

one day, definitely when well, I shall attempt making some of these, but maybe before I am well, I shall see if I can get my sewing mother in law to help me out! :)

celeste, thanks for the tips on prototypes in other markets!
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

Thanks, Sunil! :) :) :)
CureSeeker

Post by CureSeeker »

How are your inventions going?
Worldwide it is quite a big market.
You need to look in to marketing online and setting up a website.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

CureSeeker wrote:How are your inventions going?
Worldwide it is quite a big market.
You need to look in to marketing online and setting up a website.
Sounds like you have some experience with this.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.

Return to “SOCIAL DISCUSSIONS & FUN”