Finally meet with a private Disability attorney tomorrow

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
blightcp

Finally meet with a private Disability attorney tomorrow

Post by blightcp »

I have finally found a disability attorney that is willing to take the case, I see him tomorrow with about 200 pages of information.

He is not super positive, but not totally against it either. It's a matter of reviewing the information. It is not as easy as a settlement.

Employer provided disability insurance is a scam :evil: , the insurance companies can deny you as long as they want as long as they don't make a mistake :evil: :evil: . And the law is on there side until they make a mistake big enough for you to push it to court :evil: :evil: :evil: . All you really can do is get your "team" together and keep shooting down the objections.

I'll be sure to let you know how goes.

Good Night.

Carl
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross
Positivepoppy

Re: Finally meet with a private Disability attorney tomorrow

Post by Positivepoppy »

Hi Carl
How did you get on with your disability attorney? Was it useful and productive? Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you one less stress to worry about!
Tim1967

Post by Tim1967 »

I hope it went well for you! I do not know allot about employer disability but I do know more than I wish I knew about getting SSDI. It took me 1.5 years and that is considered very quick. Unless you're blind or lost a limb everyone is denied the first go around.For SSDI its an average of three appeals. But for me having a good SSDI attorney really got the ball moving faster. He was a rare breed. The case was resolved so fast. He refunded me 100% of what he was allowed to take. That blew me away. An honest lawyer that cared too!

Again I wish you the very best with your case. Let us know how it progresses. Cheers Tim
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

blightcp wrote:Employer provided disability insurance is a scam , the insurance companies can deny you as long as they want as long as they don't make a mistake . And the law is on there side until they make a mistake big enough for you to push it to court . All you really can do is get your "team" together and keep shooting down the objections.
I totally agree, Blight. I personally had a very bad experience with private insurance carrier through my former employer a couple of years ago.
Just curious: Why are you pursuing this, instead of filing for SSDI?

Best,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”