Constipation and bad DRE

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
bma

Constipation and bad DRE

Post by bma »

constipation and DRE

Hello,

This is my first post. I am a man and I live in Brazil. I started suffering from back pain and having the feeling of a "potato" in the rectum in 2011. Levator ani was the cause of my problems. Without burning.

I improved with diet. In 2013, after oversights (12 hours a day sitting), I had a severe crisis and was unable to sit. Suffered from urinary frequency. I cried a lot and saw my life is over. I was treated for prostatitis (Like all men with pelvic pain. Urologists live in that world?). I thought of RTU (resection), prostate removal, and many things. My doctor did a DRE and saw that my prostate was great.

Still no burning, after consulting with 5 doctors, I received a DRE strong over the pudendal nerve and since then the burning sensation in the penis does not go away. I made an improved diet and constipation. The burning continues. I think my nerve was just angry, and my problem was the levator ani muscle, but after this DRE coarse, things got worse: My penis burns, my testicles and my feet and legs. I am not able to sleep upset.

I have a pudendal block scheduled for three days, but due to the reports I read about increasing burnings, do not think about. I do not know if my nerve is trapped or inflamed. In Brazil, this disease is forgotten. Treat it with neurotomy and blocks and heavy anti-depressants. I think in a pain pump. I'm 32. I've made three antibiotics, NSAIDS, injections of vitamins, gel NSAIDS, hot baths. Improved the levator ani only. But the worst are the burnings.

Thanks to all
- Blocking done by Dr. Luciano Braun, Brazil
- bLock in piriformis - no response
- Physiotherapy, good response, 50%
- Therapy with low lidocaine infusion, good response .30%
- Surgery? Perhaps. But I'm incredulous.
nyt

Re: Constipation and bad DRE

Post by nyt »

Anti-depressants and Lyrica are the first line defense for nerve pain such as the burning you mention. I know the majority of us hate being on drugs but sometimes it is a necessary evil. Maybe trying a course of some of them just to see if you can get things to settle down would be worth it.

Regarding the pudendal blocks. I have had 6 done CT guided and then, I think 8 or 9 when I get my botox unguided, and never had any problems. I do know there are individuals on this forum who have been made worse by the block but for the majority of individauls they never have a problem. My pelvic floor PT had a patient cured by the blocks. Now I've never see that posted on the forum by anyone else but I know my pelvic PT wouldn't lie about it either as she was quite surprised.

DRE's can flare people for quite some time. If warm baths help or ice then do that.

It would make more sense to try oral medications such as the anti-depressants before a pain pump and if your pain doctor is any good he would never put a pain pump in someone your age without trying everything else first. LottaNerve has done fantastic with her pain pump which I am so happy for her. However, there are some significant complications that can occur that cannot be taken lightly such as granulomas and paralysis.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
bma

Re: Constipation and bad DRE

Post by bma »

The fact is that a DRE can lead to pain the next stage: Do you suffer with sexual arousal and is suddenly screaming in pain burned on site. His short nerve fibers are irritated. These short fibers are responsible for burning. An example is the ultrasonic transducer. Some doctors push this thing to try to perceive a Tinel sign and end up making it worse. Nerves learn this pattern of pain: burning. And start to send them to the brain even if the nerve be cured. sensitivation.

If most of us, we had been aware of the milder symptoms: numbness, pain localized to stab ... We could have prevented the brain to learn new patterns of pain, such as burning.

I am taking pregabalin 225mg/day + clonazepam 3mg/day and applying hot compresses medians at all times, along with Diclofenac gel in the region. The idea of ​​constant heat, gentle, is improve circulation, reduce ischemia and improved elasticity of the tissues, especially muscles and ligaments. Dropping the nerve. Together with diclofenac gel, have a relieving muscles (piriformis) and ligaments (sacrospinous and sacrotubero) that are more malleable. This is interesting, because once we can never stretch the piriformis, help you to release without impact is very good.

I'm 50 ~ 60% better with this simple treatment. Here in Brazil, the government provides free Gababentina. Associated with a tricyclic antidepressant and compresses diclofenac, can improve a lot.
- Blocking done by Dr. Luciano Braun, Brazil
- bLock in piriformis - no response
- Physiotherapy, good response, 50%
- Therapy with low lidocaine infusion, good response .30%
- Surgery? Perhaps. But I'm incredulous.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”