hypersensitivity to the cold?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
momof3bigguys

hypersensitivity to the cold?

Post by momof3bigguys »

is that one of the symptoms of PN?
this symptom started BAD from the beginning!! (now almost 8 months) i thought it was a fever? i would take my temp. thinking omg im buning up,just to look
at the themoter and it was normal? sometimes it would be very low grade like 99.2..nothing big?
i feel like i have a fever my skin is burning hot then followed but horriable chills it happens alot when im exposed to cold weather!!
i do have raynauds syndrone that effects my fingers..but this is different?? i have been thru the mill with the blood tests..alls that has come up is NOTHING!!
yesterday while at a cookout i was soo cold and it was about 60 degrees ! the sun was beautiful ,but i was frezzing! i had to leave!! when i came home i felt like i was
burning up with a fever? then it was followed by the chills..when this happens the vaginal area BURNS like crazy and the forgin body feeling is just unbearable!!??
is hypersensitivity to cold temps one of the symptoms of this baffling condition?? i look back on the yrs of having OBGYN problems and i have always felt like i was 'getting a fever' but i had endometreosis and always thought it was that?? thinking back now i wonder if this has been going on ALOT longer than 8 months??
Violet M

Re: hypersensitivity to the cold?

Post by Violet M »

Some people have posted that weather changes their symptoms. Youn can read this thead. http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =48&t=3870.

If you have chronic chills and fevers you might want to see a rheumatologist to make sure it's not something else going on.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Amanda

Re: hypersensitivity to the cold?

Post by Amanda »

I feel so much better when the weather is warmer, cold winds tend to make my sensitivity to clothing etc much worse. When I am in a hot climate my muscular element is diminished to the extent that I can move so much more freely without so much pain.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”