CAN ICE PACKS CAUSE MORE PN PROBLEMS

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
lightmail

CAN ICE PACKS CAUSE MORE PN PROBLEMS

Post by lightmail »

Can a person cause more nerve problems say by laying on gel packs for a bit to long. Seems to me my rectal problems are worse since I iced up with the gel packs by laying my butt on them a little longer than I should have. I hope it's just temporary....Robert
Violet M

Re: CAN ICE PACKS CAUSE MORE PN PROBLEMS

Post by Violet M »

One of the CRPS/RSD websites strongly cautions against ice -- sorry, I can't remember which website it was. Personally I didn't have any problems with ice but there are some people who do.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
lightmail

Post by lightmail »

Thank you Violet.. I appreciate very much the time you took out of your no doubt busy day to respond to my question. I will stay away from ice..Robert
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I have a diagnosis of CRPS and use ice 24/7, it is the only way I can survive with this pain. The difference I believe is that I have major nerve damage so maybe that is why it helps me so much as its not the normal CRPS situation.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”