Australian TV to air program on Pelvic Pain. 7.30 Report.

Up and coming news about new ideas, new forums, and other suggestions that we plan to implement in the near future
Mod8

Australian TV to air program on Pelvic Pain. 7.30 Report.

Post by Mod8 »

Going to air on Monday 7th Jan. 2013. ABC TV. 7.30 report. Story on pelvic pain & PN

Also Sunday papers 6th Jan.2013 Sydney Sun Herald & Melbourne Age.
Karyn

Re: Australian TV to air program on Pelvic Pain. 7.30 Repor

Post by Karyn »

Thank you for the info, Mod 8.
Could you please provide a link for those who may not be able to catch the TV program?
Kind regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

A good article - i am going to print it out.

There is a link on the writers website to the Vulva Awareness Campaign - this was set up by a lady called Fabia Brackenbury .

She has singlehandedly raised vulva awareness especially of Lichen Sclerosus - i have met her - she kindly talked to me about my problem - at the time she was running a helpline on her own.

Rosemary x
Mod8

Post by Mod8 »

Due to outbreak of fires in Australia the 7.30 Report has been delayed. ABC TV are covering stories on the fires.
Possibly will be aired on Tuesday 8th Jan. Will have to keep checking. Will update asap.
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

Link to ABC news report. Jan. 10th 2013. http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/news/730/vi ... 1_512k.mp4
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

Rather disappointing. Thought there would be more said on pudendal neuralgia. Very brief and not enough time given to Prof. Vancaillie. It's a start and it may get the ball rolling with the media. We'll keep on trying.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Catherine, it's a good start and good to hear the medical rather than just the emotional side of it -- thanks to docs like Prof. Vancaillie.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

We now have an ABC national radio talkback. Life Matters. Wed. 6th Feb. 2013 at 9am.

Can be viewed on podcast. http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/pro ... fematters/

Return to “NEWS & UPDATES”