fatigue

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Grammy

fatigue

Post by Grammy »

How many of you have a terrible time with fatigue? I for one can lay down and sleep anywhere at anytime. I think it is because my nerves are just frayed from being in pain all the time. I do not think I am on the right medications at this point and need to speak to my doctor about it but I am just so darn tired. I actually wake up tired and I have days when I can barely function. I have taken provigil and even that medication does not help much. Any suggestions? Gram
TracyB7777

Re: fatigue

Post by TracyB7777 »

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for you but I can completely understand! I've in called in sick to work because I just couldn't get out of bed. The worst though is the 40 minute drive home. Some days I just want to close my eyes and sleep. Then my depression meds get increased. :| I too would love some suggestions. How can we be sleeping so much and still be exhausted?
Have been dealing with burning pain since Jan 2010.
No sitting since April 2010.
Seen the following dr's: DO, GYN, Dermatologist, Accupuncturist,
URO GYN (his RN is the one who suggested the pain could be PN), Neurologist
Had ECG and MRI both inconclusive, only the SSEP said Pudendal reaction was abnormal and they lost that test result.
Saw Dr. Castellanos April 6, 2011. Next steps, MRI and botox. Having PT while waiting.-Botox denied, appealing to Insurance company now. :(
kat

Re: fatigue

Post by kat »

I was told that healing takes up a ton of energy.

1 = the meds we are all on have a sedative affect so that makes us tired
2 = the brain is overwhelmed trying to make sense of all the useless information our nerves are sending it since our nerves and muscles are in spasm most of the day
3 = healing takes a lot of energy weather it is from surgery, PT or whatever other crazy thing they are doing to our bodies
4 = we are mentally exhausted from endless searches for answers and endlessly explaining our condition to family, docs and friends who have NO IDEA what we are talking about

Fatigue is perfectly normal and you are fine. Give yourself forgiveness and sleep if you need it.
I'm 3 months out from surgery and am only able to do one thing a day. That one thing is PT. After that I rest, shower, eat, use my TENS unit.
Believe me, you are very busy in your head so your body is tired.

Just relax and go with it. Try not to worry so much.

Loves
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”