outer thigh burning ?

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
hope4eva

outer thigh burning ?

Post by hope4eva »

hey everyone so i have this new symptom or pain that is on outer thigh around butt on both sides but sometimes only left sided this is like a sore pain and also burns very badly ,ive been living with ice packs constantly down there even at work i look like i peed myself sometimes lol well just wondering if anyone was familer with this or new of a way of relief
helenlegs 11

Re: outer thigh burning ?

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Hi eva,
I have a burning top of thigh pain (back) which does extend to the back/outside of my thigh, although not the actual side of my thigh, does that make any sense :) This is a constant for me and it is associated with the post femoral cutaneous nerve. I sometimes get 'lava leg' :) more to the actual outside if I have sat too long but it is still side/back of thigh. Could have said BACKSIDE but have enough bother there too :D I presume that it is all the same nerve as there doesn't seem to be another as the sciatic nerve (also a problem for me) is more in the middle of the back of the thigh but who knows until some one has a knife in their hand :D
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... and830.PNG
Could yours be associated with the lateral cutaneous nerve perhaps?
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
hope4eva

Post by hope4eva »

possibly i dont know thank u, yeah its hard to explain but its really bad burning pain severe and sore and is right around vagina and butt like right where thigh begins and goes towards butt i dont know but i woke up with this pain a few days ago and the other genital burning i had was gone replaced with this !
hope4eva

Post by hope4eva »

what can i do other than ice for this its really affecting my life ?
hope4eva

Post by hope4eva »

also it seems to burn on my butt cheek like going out from my inner thigh to my butt its really severe and scareing me
janemail

Post by janemail »

I feel the same burning but inside the vagina. I also wear ice and am trying to figure out how to keep wearing it when I go back to work. It is horrible and so depressing. The medication I am on doesn't seem to help either ( 3000 gabapentin , baclofen and tylenol #3). I wish we could find the magical pill that would take it away. I am so frustrated. I just want my life back. Sorry, not very helpful.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Oh jane, sorry you are suffering, (everyone else too of course).
I did smile at your comment 'I wear ice' :) I do remember someone, pianogirl or Celeste maybe ?? thinking of inventing some ice knickers. We would both put an order in.
My only real positive suggestion would be some 'brain pain training' or cognitive awareness and mindfulness therapies. Not sure if either of you girls have tried any of this but it is definitely another helpful technique in the pain battle.
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
hope4eva

Post by hope4eva »

my symptoms started like that uti feeling internal vaginal burn for over 5 months ! i just wanna say i know exactly the frustration and depressing feeling that comes along with this not being able to satisfy my husband also takes a toll ,i even sufferd through very painful sex just to please him and still do at times ,now sex isnt as painful as before though my symptoms changed to genital burning and a very deep burning pain at beginning of pelvis this pain is horrible but it comes and goes for a few hrs every day .Ask your doc for pyridium the pills that turn your pee orange it will bring u relief for a bit also for long term try uribel or urastat ,i hope this goes aw ay for u soon ! u can pm me anytime to talk or with questions
hope4eva

Post by hope4eva »

oh yeah about the ice at work i dont know what job u do but i stand most the time ,get the ice packs that are for breast feeding they a great gel packs u can find on amazon or probably wallmart not sure i get from amazon ,they will fit in your underwear,i cant work without them ! they even help my deep pelvic pain somehow also freeze a water bottle and put between your legs will help for sitting down but the gel packs work both for sitting and standing ,for home take a condom put a lil bit of water inside and roll it up and freeze it for putting inside vagina
hope4eva

Post by hope4eva »

i kinda know what u mean about mind awareness therapy ,i pray alot and talk to God and tell myself im not in as much pain as i am and try to make myself belief that ,if u know of any strategies please let me know thanks

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”