Diagram Maybe?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
KC17

Diagram Maybe?

Post by KC17 »

My pain is primarily left sided, and I have a circle about the size of a dollar piece on my left buttcheek that feels less sensitive than the right, but upon scratching it I can elicit the shooting pain to the clitoris. I've read and heard many times about the entrapment that can occur between the SS and ST ligaments and I'm wondering where these two cross or perhaps where the general location of this site of entrapment occurs relative to the surface of the buttocks. I'm hoping somebody knows of a diagram that shows this (all I can find are internal diagrams) or can provide a good explanation.

While I'm by no means a doctor I've become pretty tuned in to my body since this began and find it odd that it is only in this spot such shooting can be reproduced. This suggests that something is going on THERE under the surface and its likely the pudendal nerve, because I also can't find in my research of any other nerve that travels to the clitoris. Does anyone know of such a nerve as well?

Kindly,

Krista
Pain started suddenly April 2010.
3T MRI w/ Dr. Potter, January 2011 shows bilateral impingement of the dorsal nerve of the clitoris.

Unsure what to do next because my pelvis is a mess.
Violet M

Re: Diagram Maybe?

Post by Violet M »

Krista, maybe this image will help. Click here: http://pudendalhope.org/sites/default/f ... Female.jpg

If you draw a line across the buttocks you can see the ligament crossing is at about the level of the top of the femur. Of course you have to allow for some variation in anatomy on each person.

The pudendal is the primary nerve to the clitoris -- I don't know of another one.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
KC17

Re: Diagram Maybe?

Post by KC17 »

Thank you Violet! The certainly helped, although I look like a nut trying to decipher my gluteal region in the mirror! :lol:
Pain started suddenly April 2010.
3T MRI w/ Dr. Potter, January 2011 shows bilateral impingement of the dorsal nerve of the clitoris.

Unsure what to do next because my pelvis is a mess.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”