help is needed - Men

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Ron10

help is needed - Men

Post by Ron10 »

hello,

i would like to share with you my story and ask for your advice:

i am 44 years old, man. usually healthy with out any problems. i used to do some sport like running, weight lift but not extreme

4 years ago (may 2017) - i felt for the fist time in my life pain during urination. i went to the urologists and preform all test - urine culture, blood, STD - all came negative. I also felt like a small golf bowl inside. i was treated with Oflodex - antibiotic for 4 months, until the pain and the uncomfortable feeing went away.
i had 3 years of quite..

on Aprli 2020 - i started to feel again pain during urination - again i went to the urologists and perform all test again. no bacteria was found. and started with different type of antibiotic for 2-3 weeks. usually the pain in urination was better in the first days but after it returns.
this time the pain was different from what i had 3 years ago - i started to feel pain at the rectum area.
during the last 12 months the pain increased and changed - my right side low back and buttocks is in pain 2-4/10

if i need to pee and try to hold it for few more minutes i am feeling extreme pain when trying to start in the right side. went to a PT who tested me and found a Triger point inside - the pudendal nerve.
during the last 2 month i was treated with ciprofloxin - it ease the pain very much at the beginning , but its still there. after completion 2 weeks ago - the pain starting to increase and the right side hurts more.
i am feeling a golf bowl all the time. my right buttocks feels with spasm ... i needs to go pee every 3-4 hours max, and the pain at the end of urination is constant. and if i am trying to hold myself the pain to start is so extreme that i think to go to the hospital.

i had 12 acupuncture treatments - it ease the pain - but didnt eliminate it
i had 4 pt treatments to try and release the pudendal - but it seems the same/worse . it also very expensive

my urologists doesn't know what to do - he sent me to urodynamic test
i schedule a meeting with pain management neurologist. i hope he can help
i had a terrible year with extreme pain and stress - maybe it was the trigger
i don't know what else to do - and would appreciate any advice you may have

best
ron

i
Ray P.

Re: help is needed - Men

Post by Ray P. »

Hi Ron
I wish I had the answers for you.

ray

Good Luck
cwb125

Re: help is needed - Men

Post by cwb125 »

Sorry to hear that! That sounds a lot like my problems, or at least one of them. Go to your PCP and ask them to prescribe an alpha blocker like Rapaflo or Tamsulosin. Although I have found no literature about it on the internet, the generic of Rapaflo, Silodosin, does very little for for me. By the way, Rapaflo has a TERRIBLE side effect called retrograde ejaculation. If those pills help at all, have a urologist check your bladder neck and/or start going to pelvic floor therapy.

I will leave a link to my story so you can compare your symptoms with mine. While any condition like PN is terrible, it gets much better once you can urinate correctly. I'm here if you ever need anything.

My story: http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... 17&t=10406

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”