Embarassing bodies TV programme

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
helenlegs 11

Embarassing bodies TV programme

Post by helenlegs 11 »

EMBARRASSING BODIES SERIES 4
The Embarrassing Bodies Clinic has open its doors once again for a fourth series and we’re looking for new patients to treat. All conditions / ages / sexes considered.

We’re particularly keen to hear from:

2) Genitals
Do you have concerns about the shape or size of your GENITALS? Is there something internal you’d like checked out? Anything from sore testicles to weak pelvic floors…the EB team are interested in hearing from you NOW. If you’ve been too embarrassed to seek help before, why not make a non-obligation application to our doctors, who really have seen it all?!

If selected, your condition will be treated by qualified professionals. Your involvement will raise awareness about your condition, helping other sufferers to seek the treatment they need.

For a confidential, no-obligation chat, call us on: 0121 224 8395
Drop us an email: embarrassingbodies@mavericktv.co.uk
Fill in an application form directly
Apply for the Show >

http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesse ... ng-bodies/

I have tried in the past to get 'our story' into the public domain by writing to daytime TV shows but only got a generic thankyou and nothing else (that was over a year ago now. SO I am considering this ! ! !
I can't believe that I am saying this, after all I have a diagnosis and I am getting treatment at last, but I dearly want to raise public awareness. Anyone else want to apply ? Especially those who haven't got an acurate diagnosis yet or just want to be on TV. . . I don't, but for the cause . . . .

Helen
Last edited by helenlegs 11 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
calluna

Re: Embarassing bodies TV programme

Post by calluna »

You are braver than I am, Helen! I wish you all the best if you decide to go through with it. I've never seen this particular programme at all, although I've heard of it.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Well Calluna they have finished filming this series but I am still going to go agead and submit the application for the next one. It is a bit of a scary prospect, I have NO desire to be on the tele :)
They are inundated with embarrasing medical problems it seems. There is no mention of PN though on thier web site although they do have an A - Z of conditions I searched for it and came up with shingles . It NEEDS to get more recognition.
Think I will go on your liquid diet if it ever does come off.
Take care
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

i have watched this series which is great and very open approached to many embarassing problems.
I think that the medical team involved are excellent. I would have to wonder how we would fit into their programme as they do rely on a problem and then a solution! I would be prepared to make contact with them to see where they lie on a problem like PN.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I think it would best suit someone who is not yet diagnosed Amanda. BUT I am still going to apply and see what the feed back is.
I am also going to send a couple more e's to other programmes and magazines. I think it's a good story, the pain ,suffering, lack of recognition and difficulty being believed.
I have distributed some HOPE letters to medics but honestly don't know if they just end up in thr bin, Just trying to think of other solutions.
Fame awaits Dharlings. . . . air kiss air kiss :)
Helen
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Helen

i think if they got an application from someone who is not yet diagnosed and one who is that it would highlight the issues far more. i am prepared to work with you on this...although I am only in the UK for a few weeks at a time. if you want to send me an email thats ok so that we can coordinate our ideas together.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

I watch the programme here in Australia. I was thinking the same thing!! Helen, have you had PNE surgery yourself? I think it would be absolutely brilliant to have a case study on this programme. I felt sorry for the little girl who had verrucas on her feet and ended up needing chemotherapy and a bone marrow transplant as a result. Good job her parents sent their plight to the Embarassing Bodies programme. It saved her life. I really hope she's doing well. Such a pretty little girl.

Catherine
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

No Catherine, I guess that's the point it has taken 2 years to be diagnosed with something that at least makes sense. But 1 years after that diagnosis I am have found nothing in conventional treatment to really help. So have had no surgery yet.
I just want to get the problem out there and will try all avenues to get that recognition.
I don't know when the new series will be broadcast but I have sent my application form in ~shrugs~ not sure what will come of it. Maybe if a few people sent applications in on the same subject they may take an interest.
Thanks for your interest girls, it's a little daunting but something has to be done.
If anyone has any other ideas this is the place to air them. We might be able to actually achieve something if we team up.
Take care,
Helen
jennyp

Post by jennyp »

I think this is a great idea and I am encouraged by the fact the programme now does "living with incurable conditions" rather than just the diagnosis side. I have noticed a couple of people in recent series who appear to have some neurological / pain issues that I suspect could have been PN related but the just got labelled with "pain management" as a treatment and nothing much else was said. On a positive note the lady who I saw for biofeedback to help with my bowel control issues related to PN was on the programme a couple of weeks ago. She works at St Marks and was helping a guy with bowel control problems after a fistula. I was contemplating sending in an application to try and get some recognition for PN but I'm not "out" with any of my family or work colleagues about my condition so I don't feel I could apply. Anyone think one of the UK PN consultants would do a piece ???
Jenny
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Helen

I have sent you aPM with my email address so maybe we can work together on getting a programme together to present to the tv network to highlight PN as a real problem.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”