Discontinuing Opioid Pain Medication - My experience

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
ezer

Re: Discontinuing Opioid Pain Medication - My experience

Post by ezer »

river, you are very brave. Don't go too hard on yourself. It is okay to taper off tramadol if that makes it easier.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
river133

Re: Discontinuing Opioid Pain Medication - My experience

Post by river133 »

Hi, I did just go off of them instead of tapering off. They made me feel as though I was back on opiots.
I do not know what Dr.Schultz will recommend for me, but if is the pain pump with ketamine and some morphine, I will be....you know what? I do not have a clue what I will be feeling at that point. Life if so miserable right now I don't care what the outcome will be. We all have been very brave haven't we. Tell me , are you well now? Ellie
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”