IC cushion is my fave PNE cushion

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Faith

Re: IC cushion is my fave PNE cushion

Post by Faith »

Violet M wrote:Faith, I had the same problem as you. Never did find a cushion with a big enough cut out area that worked. The roho contour select cushion works better than anything for me but it's very pricey. I was able to get my insurance to cover it at 100%.
Yeah, I've looked at the roho some and would be willing to pay for it out of pocket if it would work. Is there any way to try one in a store or do you have to just order it. Also which one do you use? I was reading about them and some of them you have to insert air into them before sitting. Is that the way yours is? I would pay $500 if it would allow me to be able to sit through a 45 minute church service or ready my daughter a bedtime story without getting nauseous from the pain!
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Mine is the roho contour select. You can google it. You have to pump it up once a week or so but it's easy. Maybe there is a medical supply store near you that would let you try out a roho cushion?
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Gmm52

Post by Gmm52 »

I use a seat called a theraseat. www.theraseat.com. My physical therapist recommended and it helps. It isn't cheap, but I cannot drive without it, nor can I eat a meal without it. It is discreet and has a handle, so I can take to a restaurant. The foa m cut out is wide and cover is washable. My pain is rectal, perineal and vaginal...seat does not make it pain free, but does help a lot. I don't leave home without it!
Diagnosed with PN 10/2010. In 2007, i had spinal nerve stimulator implanted for nerve pain in my feet in /S-1 nerve route which incision got infected. Came out 6 months later. infection caused PNE. EMG shows neuropathy in legs as well. Had 3 nerve blocks, no success. Meds : lyrica, Cymbalta, Klonopin, Opana,Valium suppositories,Ambien CR
3/16/2012....started biofeedback since I cannot move my bowels. nerves are damaged in rectum.

LJL
judys

Post by judys »

I thought the IC cushion was a waste of money!!!! There is $2.00 of foam a $1.oo worth of covering. I could not recommend this product. I have such a hard time sitting but this was not the answer.
Symptoms came on so slowly they were hard to explain to anyone much less myself. Discomfort sitting one day and not the next. Foreign object feeling in various private parts. Doctor to doctor. Mis- diagnosed many times. Un-needed surgery, depression pills and finally a diagnosis of PN. EMG testing in NH. Unsuccessful nerve blocks. Will start PT in a few weeks. Finally I don't think I'm crazy!!!
Faith

Post by Faith »

Gmm52 wrote:I use a seat called a theraseat. http://www.theraseat.com. My physical therapist recommended and it helps. It isn't cheap, but I cannot drive without it, nor can I eat a meal without it. It is discreet and has a handle, so I can take to a restaurant. The foa m cut out is wide and cover is washable. My pain is rectal, perineal and vaginal...seat does not make it pain free, but does help a lot. I don't leave home without it!
Gmm52,

Could you tell me how big the opening is inside the cushion? Is the cushion angled or flat? I have tried to email the company to ask about the dimensions of the opening,but no one emailed me back. Do you have a phone number for the company. I have sit bone pain and can't have anything touching my sitbones so I need to make sure the opening is big enough. Thanks!
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
donstore

Post by donstore »

I also like the 3 inch soft although I weigh 190 lbs. The 3 inch firm was too hard on my ishial tuberosities and like Merrie said, the 2 inchers are not thick enough.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”