Am I in the right place? Could this be PN?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Violet M

Am I in the right place? Could this be PN?

Post by Violet M »

Hi Jackie,

Welcome to the forum. Do you have any idea what might have precipitated your pain? Any injuries, surgeries, exercise, etc.?

The description of your pain sounds similar to what I experienced. Originally it was misdiagnosed as hemorrhoids even though it wasn't exactly rectal all the time. Check out the physical therapist section of the website because sometimes they can help in determining the diagnosis -- that's how I was diagnosed when the docs had no clue.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
jackieandkev

Re: Am I in the right place? Could this be PN?

Post by jackieandkev »

Hi Violet

Thanks for the advice - where do I find this section? Never had any injuries as far as I know. Had bad sciatica earlier this year and went to an osteeopath who pulled me in all directions. it didn't work so ended up having acupuncture which got rid of the sciatica. A few weeks late this new pain appeared 4 months ago. Some days I feel fine but other days really uncomfortable. Don't know whether the amitriptyline i take half hour before i go to bed is working but never have the pain when i go to bed. I am feeling very nervous now about going to a colon/rectal consultant in two weeks time as I am worried it might not be PN but something more sinister. I expect though that every one who got this pain was very worried about it before they were diagnosed.
Violet M

Re: Am I in the right place? Could this be PN?

Post by Violet M »

Jackie, you can go to the home page at www.pudendalhope.org and over on the left click on "list of PT's".

Good luck with you appointment -- hope it is nothing sinister.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”