Dr Dellon

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
mikette

Re: Dr Dellon

Post by mikette »

so i haven't understood if the success rates that Dr. Azmann explained are not realistic.....i'm considering to see him...
are we talking only about dorsal nerve surgery or his surgery in general? i'm not entrapped at dorsal but at perineal.
gorenje, did he offer you surgery?
gorenje

Post by gorenje »

mikette wrote:so i haven't understood if the success rates that Dr. Azmann explained are not realistic.....i'm considering to see him...
are we talking only about dorsal nerve surgery or his surgery in general? i'm not entrapped at dorsal but at perineal.
The statistics I referred to in my previous posting is specifically about dr. Aszmann's dorsal nerve decompression surgery. Yes, he offered me surgery. I also asked him about other treatment options, but in my case he believed surgery would be the only way to improve my condition.
mikette

Post by mikette »

gorenje wrote:
mikette wrote:so i haven't understood if the success rates that Dr. Azmann explained are not realistic.....i'm considering to see him...
The statistics I referred to in my previous posting is specifically about dr. Aszmann's dorsal nerve decompression surgery. Yes, he offered me surgery. I also asked him about other treatment options, but in my case he believed surgery would be the only way to improve my condition.
so may i ask what you will do? did you find him reliable?
gorenje

Post by gorenje »

mikette wrote:
gorenje wrote:
so may i ask what you will do? did you find him reliable?
I have not yet decided what to do, considering all the negative posts about this surgery. I'm all open for suggestions. Yes, I found him reliable.
gorenje

Post by gorenje »

The patients I have read about who have posted their experiences with dorsal nerve surgery on this board all had their surgery less than two years ago. They all seem to have had negative experiences with this surgery, so far. However, from what I have read about other surgeries on the pudendal nerve (TG and TIR) improvement may take several years. Wouldn't the same apply to dorsal nerve surgery? Could there still be that good results, or at least some improvement may come with time? From what I've heard, things often get worse before they get better...
ezer

Post by ezer »

Dr.Dellon said that I should know within 6 months of surgery if it was successful or not.
It is not a very invasive surgery like the TG or TIR surgery. It takes around an hour and the nerve is quite accessible. it is decompressed on a very short segment.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
gorenje

Post by gorenje »

So Dr. Dellon believes that after six months no more improvement from the surgery is to be expected? Or does he mean that after six months you will have an indication on whether you will continue to improve or not?
ezer

Post by ezer »

It was more like after 6 months and you don't improve come see me back and I will see what else I can suggest (which if I understood correctly could have been another surgery). But yes, he is confident that progress should be quick after the dorsal surgery.
I would not overanalyze what he said. I am close to 2 years after surgery and there is no way it is going to improve now.
The people that have posted on this forum are as far as I know in the same situation. It is the same for people that have contacted me privately also. Unfortunately nobody has shared good news with me.
Last edited by ezer on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
gorenje

Post by gorenje »

ezer wrote:It was more like after 6 months and you don't improve come see me back and I will see what else I can suggest.
I would not overanalyze what he said. I am close to 2 years after surgery and there is no way it is going to improve now.
Did you ever go back to him or have you totally lost faith in him?
ezer

Post by ezer »

No, I did not go back. What else could he offer me? Another surgery? No, thanks. Never again.
If you could convince Dr.Azsmann to have one of his cured patients post here that would be fantastic. But so far I have 0 evidence that dorsal surgery has any benefit. Maybe there is scar tissue found or maybe it is entrapped at the pubic bone but it does not seem to explain the pain.

Return to “SURGERY”