Need to lose 30lb

Here is a place for social chats with special attention to support and non medical discussions. We need a place to chill out, where we can distract from our pain and enjoy lighter moments, share a joke or funny moment with others.
sam

Re: Need to lose 30lb

Post by sam »

Does pudendal neuralgia lead to bloated or sagging abdomen? I have put on a lot of weight lately though I eat the same quantity as before? is it because of nerve damage in the abdomen?
calluna

Post by calluna »

I think that some of us (including me) have a particular problem with weight gain since we've had PN, for several reasons. As we are moving around less than before the pain started, we should be eating less, not the same size portions. And of course lots of the meds seem to play around with appetite, and somehow make it harder to lose weight and easier to gain....

Nerve damage in the abdomen wouldn't cause weight gain, not per se. At least, I cannot see how it could...?
sam

Post by sam »

Thanks Calluna, I think with less physical activity we tend to put on weight. It is very hard to lose weight now and that obviously adds to the pain on the nerves. Hope you are feeling better now.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Bumping this thread up again - it is spring, after all!

I've gained weight over the winter, unfortunately. Being able to eat without abdo pain has its disadvantages... sigh....

Linking again to the British Heart Foundation BMI chart - I am just into the red zone now, most annoying. (One stone is 14lb, for those not used to our funny weights and measures here. ;) )

To get into the green zone I have to lose 35lb from this point. Actually I did weigh 6lb more than this, but I wasn't brave enough to own up til now. If I'd posted when I started this again, I'd have said 'I need to lose 41lb.

Anyone else coming back in on this?
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Me! Me! actually I have been on a diet and have done rather well so far but still would like to drop 14-16 lbs.
It's 'celebrity slim' , I lost 7lbs in the first week, slowed down a bit (as I was a naughty) but have lost 11 lbs now (4 weeks)
It consists of 2 shakes and then a proper meal with 3 allowable snacks in between.
The first week I was SO hungry, but I guess this was my metabolism kick starting (long overdue) I really like the ease of it all, lazy really. but something is working at last!!
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Wow 11 lbs that's brilliant! And only 15 lb to go? - even better. Finish line in sight there.

I seem to have stopped at 6lb down, I haven't cheated at all and it is a tad frustrating. We've been doing exante simple solution, very convenient. It is a shake, a soup, and a bar plus one meal, we've not been hungry after the first couple of days. But I think the carb level is been too high for me with the PCOS. :evil:
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Sounds similar to the celebrity slim, this one is a low but not no carb diet Calluna. They recommend only protein and veg for the balanced mea at either lunch ao dinner.l Had a Chinese meal last night, with some friends and ate NO rice or chips etc. I did have a little more red wine than strictly allowed :oops: Weigh in day tomorrow and I hope that at least another 1lb has gone . I hope to get back swimming as a crawl leg kick can help build up the glutes and allow me that bit of exercise that is so necessary.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Oooh chinese food. And red wine! I am jealous. :mrgreen: I miss my glass of red in the evening.

Still walking with the dog here, haven't been swimming for many years - but what a good idea. I am not looking at the scales until Tues, maybe maybe maybe I will have lost another pound.
MHeath

Post by MHeath »

For losing weight quickly you should always follow a proper diet plan and try to avoid eating junk food and drinks.Also do some exercise daily.Because exercise keeps you fit and proper diet plan will help you in losing weight.Also start eating green veggies and drink green tea because they both also help in losing weight quickly.
Death will be a warm welcome to release.

Return to “SOCIAL DISCUSSIONS & FUN”