Different opinion, different Dr.

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
stephanies

Re: Different opinion, different Dr.

Post by stephanies »

Thanks for the update. Sorry this process has been so slow for you.
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Oh Ellie,
You have been such a trooper. I hope this comes through for you! Hang in there.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
river133

Post by river133 »

Thanks Janet,how are you faring at this point. ..?Hopefully will hear this week when the trial will be scheduled..it has been a very long 7 years as I am sure you can attribute to. Maybe in June or July I will have the final implant.
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Ellie,
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope ypu finally get some relief. I am doing fairly well PN wise but have run into a set of back luck since June 2014. I fell and through out my pelvic alignment causing SI back pain then went on a wonderful boat ride but the dock was off we tried to get back on so I jumped and pulled my quadricep. I was recovering but not fast enough for the new pain assiatent so she sent me for an mri and flared my PN causing shooting nerve pain for a few months and of course there was nothing wrong with my back on the mri because the pain is from the pelvic misalignment. On into 2015 got an 3 weeek cold so in out work and still getting better from the mri. Then my back starts having pain again over stress from my one aunt trying to find out she had sundowners syndrome and almost put her in nursing home, tough issues at work and the other aunt died. Just so you know this all is not certainly as bad as you and others are going through as I am still working but the challenges and pains do sometimes spike for me. Next up while trying to fix my back a new PT strained my quadricep on 25 Feb, I limped and then strained my shin muscle and am still trying to recover from that. I took.4 days off work when the muscle shin pain escalated 2 weekends ago but am now trying to work 1/2 days using a scooter at work to take a load off that leg. Sadly this has limited me more than my PN was. Maybe we will both be doing better in June or July. I think I have to find a way to.put my feet up.at work and probably both need to be raised so I do not through my alignment off ( I think that happened when I just raised the bad leg a few weeks ago). I will have to get the engineers at work to see if we can come up with something. Everyone at work has been great and my one co-worker gave our team Easter baskets so I have some chocolates to celebrate and just scaled dinner down to a simple meal and can mostly stay off the leg. Again that mens I am doing more than others on this site and am always greatful and wishing others will find thier way to less pain.take care and thanks for asking about me sorry so long but everyting kinda built up.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”