having pudendal nerve blocks tomorrow

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
Violet M

Re: having pudendal nerve blocks tomorrow

Post by Violet M »

shanny63 wrote:hi karyn, the dr said i might have tarlovs disease but he also said there is nothing that can be done about it so don't worry about it..these are his words...
So I can't tell if that means they did or did not rule out tarlov cysts on the MRI. If they aren't sure, maybe they could have another look at it to see if there are any.

Check out this article:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22594432

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Violet M wrote:So I can't tell if that means they did or did not rule out tarlov cysts on the MRI.
I'm confused, too. On what basis is this doctor making his statement from?
That's how Tarlov Cyst Disease is diagnosed. Via MRI. They're either there, or they're not.
They're considered symptomatic if the patient is experiencing symptoms directly correlating with the sacral nerve roots. Unfortunately, there aren't many in the medical field who are aware of or acknowledge the importance the sacral nerves.

Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
sharona

Post by sharona »

Hi Karyn
Do you know if one small Tarlov cyst can be harmfull?
I have all the symptoms including burning in my legs and ALL around my pelvic labia pubic vagina buttock pireneum. Roots of cauda looked OK on the MRI. But there is a "small cyst" on S2. They say its about 5mm.
Can you please let me know from your experiense if it can case problems?
Thanks!
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Sharona,
I'm sorry, but I really don't know if a 5mm S2 cyst is definitively causing your symptoms. I strongly suggest contacting the Tarlov Cyst Disease Foundation and/or Dr. Feigenbaums office for more accurate information (links provided on the previous page).

I wish you the best with your search for answers!

Kind regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”