PN Sufferer for 6 years now gone.

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Westtown12

Re: PN Sufferer for 6 years now gone.

Post by Westtown12 »

Forget what I said about muscle clenching an stress...Lyme disease was the cause for my Pn and the later onset of my other symptoms!! Get checked and get checked again!!!!
Patty

Post by Patty »

Huh? what? Please elaborate.
Jeanne5

Post by Jeanne5 »

So you were treated for Lyme disease and improved with your symptoms? What were you treated with? Maybe it could help all of our pain and inflammation too?
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Lyme disease is treated with antibiotics.
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Jeanne5

Post by Jeanne5 »

Thanks for letting me know, Stephanie.
joeparz

Post by joeparz »

I am currently going through this as well.

have had crazy symptoms besides PNE, and not the classic PNE pain symptoms, i am just now after 4-5 years getting pain that's bad enough to warrant medicine. Never even took an aspirin before. had a semi positive lyme test. Had 2 LYME SPECIFIC antibodies in me. Which means they only form for LYME. But because the CDC has their special protocol which says you need 5 antibodies for a diagnosis i never got treatment, and continued to get worse.

There are websites and forums dedicated to LYME just like this one where people suffer for years because doctors just don't fully understand the disease yet(like this one).

I will say if you have PNE symptoms and have no real reason why, and have fibromyalgia/Lyme symptoms, get checked over and over if you have to. Especially if your test comes back as funky as mine did, and you live on the east coast. I live in MA/NH tick central.

Lyme deteriorates your body and will cause nerve problems from the infection itself as well as from the effect it does to the tissue around the nerves thus causing compression.

i am NOT saying Lyme is the cause of all this for me, or for anyone. Just find it very peculiar and am going down this avenue to completely rule it out, as i find it very peculiar.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”