Newbie from Qld

Dr Thierry Vancaillie
Pafen

Re: Newbie from Qld

Post by Pafen »

Catherine,

In regards to the Obturator Nerve I have since seen an orthopedic Surgeon who is going to do one of those MRI scans where they inject contrast into the hip joint. He also said that the pain I am describing that extends into the inner thigh is my Obturator nerve. He has organised an MRI to look at this while at the same time does an MRI to rule out a hip labral tear. I am not sure how well this nerve can be seen on an MRI or whether it can be ruled out via MRI scan?

I will be getting this done next week anyway and will be interesting to see the results.

At the moment i find i still have to take pain meds every day....tramadol and valium seem to work fairly well for me.
Allan.
catherine a

Re: Newbie from Qld

Post by catherine a »

Good luck with the MRI Allan. Hopefully you'll get this resolved soon. Great to know the meds. are helping. Keep in touch.
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.

Return to “AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND”