Is chiropractic a bad idea?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Odin2

Re: Is chiropractic a bad idea?

Post by Odin2 »

Thank you Violet!

Still feeling rough. I hope this is 'just' a 'flare up.'...2 weeks now since the crunching.

But, I've been in situations like this before and have always bounced back!
(just incase I've made any newbies nervous) :D

Odin
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

Thanks again for your support Violet! :D

Nothing else I can do but carry on >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Odin
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Feeling ANY better yet Odin?
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
enid

Post by enid »

I would tell everybody NOT TO GO to chiropractor. All my PNE symptoms started after spinal decompression. They put you in a special harness and streach your spine. I had a really bed back pain and this decompression helped. However I got very strong pudendal symptoms. I would rather have 10 times stronger back pain back pain than this neuralgia. I also got Persistant Genital Arousal and this is the most difficult to live with.
Thank you!
Lola2

Post by Lola2 »

enid wrote:I would tell everybody NOT TO GO to chiropractor. All my PNE symptoms started after spinal decompression. They put you in a special harness and streach your spine. I had a really bed back pain and this decompression helped. However I got very strong pudendal symptoms. I would rather have 10 times stronger back pain back pain than this neuralgia. I also got Persistant Genital Arousal and this is the most difficult to live with.
Thank you!
This makes me sooo confused,i live in Va,and after reading the post above got so discouraged! but was so hopeful with this other post...

jessyw417 wrote:I was running out of options. The last thing left was the Nerve Entrapment Surgery. My psychologist suggested I see a Neurologist at Hopkins or even a Chiropractor. I had nothing to loose, but more time and more money. So I saw a chiropractor.

He told me he had never treated anyone for this before, was shocked by everything I had gone through, and said he would give it a shot. He said that I would know in two weeks if it was going to work or not. We would decide then if he would continue treating me.

By the end of the first week, I felt a difference. I wasn't sure if it was in my head or what, but I liked it! Half way through the second week I had zero sitting pain. He told me to come back in a month for a check up.

Hard to believe I had underwent so many surgeries and pointless procedures. This Chiropractor was an old school one, Dr. Pickett of Bel Air, MD. Never even took an x ray. He just watched me walk, felt my back, folded me like a pretzel and cracked my hip. Aparently my hip wasn't aligned and that was trapping that nerve. Since completeing his treatment, I have discontinued all the medicines I was on (except birth control). Including Cymbalta, Percocet, Adderall (I'm ADHD too).

I feel great! I think it is definitley worth trying.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”