My Visit With Dr. Dellon

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
Griff522

Re: My Visit With Dr. Dellon

Post by Griff522 »

nyt, thank you for such a detailed report. The bulging adductor info really caught my attention because I feel like mine bulge as well. In my MRI report Dr Potter noted, "There is some bilateral adductor tendinosis without acute tear." I wonder what I can do about that.

I'm so glad you got the answers you were seeking from Dr Dellon, and I wish you the best of luck in your healing journey.
Burning vulva pain began 10/09
Treated for SIJD 9/10 and burning stopped and pain localized to rt side
Surgery w/ Dr Dellon 5/11 - didn't help my pain
2012 - PT, massage therapy, and ART therapy from chiropractor
MRI showed labral tear and US of groin found hernias
2/13 - surgery for sports hernia
5/13 - still have obturator internus spasms
5/13 - appt with ortho spine dr
8/16/13 - Arthroscopic surgery to rt hip for FAI and torn labrum
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Griff522 wrote:"There is some bilateral adductor tendinosis without acute tear." I wonder what I can do about that.
Me, too .... :?
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
nyt

Post by nyt »

I had my 3T MRI with Dr. Potter yesterday and I am really interested to see if they see any adductor tears. If she does they I will feel much more confident about moving ahead with his recommendations of the adductor muscle surgery.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
merrie

Post by merrie »

Nyt- did dr delllon recommend the MRI with dr potter? Just curious if he had any opinion of the imaging results she has been able to find.

Thanks!
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013
nyt

Post by nyt »

Today, I received a copy of a detailed letter that Dr. Dellon sent to my referring physician Dr. Howard and another letter addressed to me with all the diagnosis codes and information to give to the medical director or my insurance company. The letter is very proactive to petition the insurance company to pay for the surgery as an in-network benefit. I'll call my insurance company tomorrow and find out how to direct all of this information to the medical director. Obviously, Dr. Dellon has had good luck getting surgical procedures approved by going right to the top. I'll let everyone know how I fair. I'm sure it will take some time as insurance companies never work fast.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”