Fibromyalgia and PN

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Faith

Fibromyalgia and PN

Post by Faith »

Those who have Fibromyalgia and PN did your PN come first or your fibromyalgia come first? Do any of you think PN could be a symptom of fibromyalgia? Just like some people with fibromyalgia have muscle trigger points that don't fully go away no matter what you do maybe a person's PN is caused by pelvic floor trigger points that compress the pudendal nerve and can't be fully released no matter what meds you take or how much PT you do? I sure hope this isn't true, but I am just thinking here. My "fibromyalgia" type symptoms came after my inability to sit and PN symptoms so I sure hope it's a result of the PN, but maybe the PN was just the precursor to my "fibromyalgia".

I found this when googling fibro symptoms: " FMS patients may experience increased frequency of urination or increased urgency to urinate, typically in the absence of a bladder infection. Women with FMS may have more painful menstrual periods or experience worsening of their FMS symptoms during this time. Conditions such as vulvar vestibulitis or vulvodynia, characterized by a painful vulvar region and painful sexual intercourse, may also develop in women."

Sure sounds a lot like PN, doesn't it? (Minus the unbearable pain with sitting part)
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
pianogal

Re: Fibromyalgia and PN

Post by pianogal »

I know that diabetics are more likely to get neuropathy. Perhaps fibro patients are also more likely to get neuropathy... as their nerves are all flared up... and some of the symptoms I imagine would overlap to some degree. I was told that often fibro is from gluten intolerance creating malabsorption of nutrients. something to check out. test on enterolab.com for 99 bucks to see if antibodies to gluten are in your stool. my mom has fibro and her symptoms have been much better since quitting gluten.
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Faith

Post by Faith »

pianogal wrote:I know that diabetics are more likely to get neuropathy. Perhaps fibro patients are also more likely to get neuropathy... as their nerves are all flared up..
Yeah, the only thing is that diabetics have diabetes first before they get neuropathy and I was trying to see if others on here with fibro and PN had fibro first or PN symptoms first. If they had fibro first then the analogy with the diabetic neuropathy would make sense, but if they didn't then it doesn't hold up. I have never heard of fibro being related to a gluten intolerence. There is still a lot of unknown about fibro, but from what I have read about it it is considered a neurological problem where the person has a heightened sensitivity to pain.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
OscarFJepsen

Post by OscarFJepsen »

Mental depression treatment isn’t so easy process if you contact with drugs or others. But Today there has a very good process for recovering disorders without any drugs. TMS process magnetic depression treatment is that process where people of all aged can feel comfortable when then treated in TMS. TMS is very comfortable and easy way. If you want to know further information then you will visit Dr. Gelhber TMS center.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 23 years ago right after a dreadful pregnancy with toxaemia. My neuropathic pain didn't start until 9 years ago after I came off HRT. I'm not saying that caused it though. I had a very bad fall down the stairs and fell on my coccyx. Saw a PT but it was then ignored for about 6 years until one day I woke up screaming with pelvic pain. I got a diagnosis of ilioinguinal and/or hypogastric nerve entrapment back then but no one did anything. Then about 6 weeks ago I started with full blown PN.
1985 diagnosed fibro; 1990 hysterectomy with bladder suspension;2000 T12 (Maigne ) syndrome; urticaria and angioedema; sjogrens syndrome; adhesions; pelvic pain; two herniated discs in neck.
Anne smith

Post by Anne smith »

This is interesting!
Before my (undiagnosed) pne started, I suffered fibromyalgia in my face after mega stress and some bad denterastry.
All intereasting!
Anne smith
Iliostomys at twenty five, just after delivery of baby
Started with rectal pain about twenty one years later
Ten years to get diagnosis, had to research myself!
Two horrific surjurys two(mend) a perennial hernia
Now with mr baranofskis team and traveling to London shortly for injections into alcocks.
kia kaha

Post by kia kaha »

When I did the bio-resonance earlier in the year I was told to cut out wheat(gluten) and soy products, it has resulted in an 80% reduction in bladder irritation/pain.
However it has had no effect on any of my other symptoms.
Chronic Pain pudendal area for 3 years, after a hard jolt to right side.
18 months later discovered sprained/fused sacro-illiac injury. Told to 'live with it' then saw this forum October 2011 = symptoms matched. Attempting to get this investigated in the face of lack of skilled docs in New Zealand.
Been told I have IC Dec 2011
FINALLY - 3T MRI in Christchurch 5th May 2012 - Pudendal nerve block, unguided 8th June 2012 - still waiting on results and progress from these.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”