Can PN or PNE cause pain in this area?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
novacalucas

Can PN or PNE cause pain in this area?

Post by novacalucas »

Hi,
47 male, have been feeling strong pain in the perineum when sitting for 2 and 1/2 years.
The pain does not extend to the penis, scrotum or anus. Just the area between them and my glutes.
I also feel a strong pain right on this area. Can it be related to the pudendal nerve?
Attachments
PHOTO-2024-06-12-14-42-28.jpg
PHOTO-2024-06-12-14-42-28.jpg (9.54 KiB) Viewed 195 times
Violet M

Re: Can PN or PNE cause pain in this area?

Post by Violet M »

novacalucas wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:30 am Hi,
47 male, have been feeling strong pain in the perineum when sitting for 2 and 1/2 years.
The pain does not extend to the penis, scrotum or anus. Just the area between them and my glutes.
I also feel a strong pain right on this area. Can it be related to the pudendal nerve?
Based on my own experience, I think it is possible that your pain is related to the pudendal nerve but you may need more diagnostics to know that for certain. My pain was primarily perineal also. I had upper/inner thigh pain as a result of the obturator internus muscle going into spasm. The pudendal nerve runs alongside the obturator internus muscle through the Alcock's canal so it can be affected.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”