2024 Transgluteal Surgery with Dr. Conway

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
lyndagelpi

2024 Transgluteal Surgery with Dr. Conway

Post by lyndagelpi »

I am a 62 year old female and started having perineal pain 3.5 years ago with no cause. After extensive searching/treatments/doctors I am strongly leaning towards surgery. The prickly pain and burning occurs on my right side between my labia and anus after sitting for a few minutes and gets much more intense as the day progresses. Pretty much have completed all protocols (except DRG stimulator) with no permanent pain relief.

I live in Florida so will have to fly to Boston and stay in a hotel/Air BNB in Nashua for the procedure and recovery. I chose Dr. Conway because he takes insurance and has a very informative YouTube video that answered most of my questions. The video is 3 years old so I'm hoping recent advancements have improved outcome. My Televisit is 8/28/24.

Please respond with any information on success/failure with this surgery and/or Dr. Conway along with recovery experience.
Violet M

Re: 2024 Transgluteal Surgery with Dr. Conway

Post by Violet M »

Hi Lyn,

It sounds like you've done your research. Dr. Conway is very knowledgeable and experienced. As with all practitioners, there are some successes but not 100% so you just need to go into it with your eyes wide opened knowing what the potential risks are. You can ask him at your telehealth visit. Wishing you luck with your upcoming appointment.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Natedogg91

Post by Natedogg91 »

Hi Lyn,

I’m almost a year post-op from a left sided TG approach with Dr. Conway. Met all the Nantes criteria, exhausted almost all the conservative measures besides loading up on meds etc etc. He helped me quite a bit, I would say I am maybe 60-70% better. Unfortunately in my case I believe my root cause is secondary to a moderate scoliosis causing significant strain and rotation of my pelvis which still causes me some pain and discomfort. I can’t imagine where I’d be had I not pursued my surgery with him though. Very individualized decision for each person here though and as Violet said, good to do your research - the recovery is difficult for the first 6 months atleast I’d say. I’m very active normally so it was hard to take a backseat. Wishing you the best !
lyndagelpi

Post by lyndagelpi »

Thank you for the information! Yes, I too am very active and we travel and hike quite a bit so it’s going to be really hard with recovery. Did your post surgery pain really last for six months? What Activities were painful for the six months? (Sitting standing walking running…?)
FinalCountdown

Post by FinalCountdown »

Spend an hour poking around Dr Hibner’s website.

https://azccpp.com/patient-friendly-pud ... y-handout/

(I had tg surgery in 9/22 - send me a message if you need to talk.)

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”