PGAD

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Sickofmelife

PGAD

Post by Sickofmelife »

Very new to this site and to these symptoms so here goes around six weeks ago I stopped taking duloxetine due to concerns it was affecting my blood pressure I stopped them abruptly because I felt so anxious after a couple of weeks on two occasions I felt like I was about to have an orgasm I put it down to anxiety these last few days though I’ve had a constant feeling of arousal around my vagina and tingling in my upper legs I started googling and here I am I’m sure this is what’s happening I’m currently on treatment for a uti don’t know if that’s connected I’m so savage have read a lot of disturbing stories about it will it go away or am I stuck with it any advice would be appreciated
Violet M

Re: PGAD

Post by Violet M »

Welcome to the forum. PGAD can be a very unsettling, disturbing symptom. I can't say for sure if it will go away. It can depend on the cause. Some people develop it after taking/discontinuing an antidepressant and they have no other symptoms, but some people develop it in conjunction with other pelvic floor symptoms like pudendal neuralgia.

You say that you were taking duloxetine. Were you taking it for pelvic symptoms or pain symptoms before you stopped taking it, or for some other reason? If the UTI's are painful, it could cause your pelvic floor to be overly tense and put pressure on the pudendal nerve.

In order to help figure out the cause, you may want to do some diagnostic testing such as a lumbar-sacral MRI including lumbosacral plexus, and a pelvic MRI. You could also have a pelvic floor physical therapy evaluation. If you are having pudendal neuralgia-type symptoms you could try a diagnostic pudendal nerve block.

There are people on this forum who have gotten over PGAD with the right treatments. While you are searching for treatments, it is important to be able to get enough sleep, so if it is keeping you awake at night your doctor should be able to prescribe something that will help you sleep. I had good success with clonazepam.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Sickofmelife

Post by Sickofmelife »

Hi I was taking duloxetine for my mental health I’ve been on nitrofuratonin for uti since Friday but I don’t think they are working as I’m feeling a lot of symptoms still am going to go back to gp tomorrow the labs say I have E. coli in my urine my white blood cell count was over 2000 which is terrifying me
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hopefully after you get the UTI under control the other symptoms, including PGAD, will calm down and go away. If the uti medication isn't working your doctor might recommend a different medication. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Hope to hear some good news from you soon.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Sickofmelife

Post by Sickofmelife »

Nurse gave me a week of cephalexin which is quite strong and also sorted a mental health appointment for me tomorrow
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

How are you doing now since the antibiotic for the infection? Any improvement yet?

Violet

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”