my experience with vaginal trigger point injections for PGAD and pain

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
Violet M

Re: my experience with vaginal trigger point injections

Post by Violet M »

Hi Mari,

Thanks for the update. That's good to hear that your symptoms have eased up some. I hope the symptom relief lasts permanently.

It's tricky to get medications adjusted to what works best, so I wish you luck getting that worked out.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
onlysams

Post by onlysams »

It seemed so good, it's hard to see you at the baseline again. Keep pushing forward
29Mari

Post by 29Mari »

onlysams wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 2:39 pm It seemed so good, it's hard to see you at the baseline again. Keep pushing forward
I know. It's sad that I had to keep my expectations very very low so I could appreciate any improvement, however small. But I am glad that I finally reached out to this doctor, as it had been some years since I've been willing to explore any new treatments for fear of making my symptoms even worse. This fall I am going to look into having pudendal and ilioinguinal nerve blocks done, for diagnostic purposes.
IC 2004. PGAD 2010. Left-side vulva&clitoris deep aching pain & arousal. Left lower ab pain/tugging. Orgasm feels like ACID. Bladder soreness, frequency, urgency only when PGAD flares. I'm flaring most of the time these days
2020 Pelvic Floor therapy (didn't help).
2023 Prolapse surgery. More PT (sometimes helped, sometimes made things worse).
May2024: Trigger point injections (lidocaine & hydrocortisone). Gabapentin.Cymbalta.

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”