PT for chronic pelvic pain

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
Griff522

PT for chronic pelvic pain

Post by Griff522 »

I have been seeing a new PT recently and during my last appt she was talking to me about some podcasts that she had listened to about pelvic pain. She actually burned a CD for me with 6 of these podcasts and mailed it to me. I've listened to these podcasts, and they are by a married couple that have developed a technique to manually break up adhesions. Their website is http://clearpassage.com/. Of course, like everyone else I was pretty skeptical and even PM'd HerMajesty about what she thought.

They have also written a book and when I found out that Dr. Christiane Northrup wrote the forward for their book that really got my attention. She also interviews them on one the podcasts. If anyone is interested in listening to that podcast just go to iTunes and then search podcasts for Clear Passages Physical Therapy and the interview with with Dr. Northrup is called "Flourish!"
Burning vulva pain began 10/09
Treated for SIJD 9/10 and burning stopped and pain localized to rt side
Surgery w/ Dr Dellon 5/11 - didn't help my pain
2012 - PT, massage therapy, and ART therapy from chiropractor
MRI showed labral tear and US of groin found hernias
2/13 - surgery for sports hernia
5/13 - still have obturator internus spasms
5/13 - appt with ortho spine dr
8/16/13 - Arthroscopic surgery to rt hip for FAI and torn labrum
Karyn

Re: PT for chronic pelvic pain

Post by Karyn »

Hi Griff,
I don't have access to I Tunes but did check out the website. What's your take on it? Is your PT planning to use their methods?
Warmest of regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Griff522

Re: PT for chronic pelvic pain

Post by Griff522 »

Karyn, I'm not really sure exactly why she wanted me listen to these. I think maybe it was for me know that there was help and hope for me. I don't see her again until Friday so I might email her and ask a few questions. I also found that you can download chapters of their book on the website so I've done that and have just started reading the one entitled "Chronic Pain".
Burning vulva pain began 10/09
Treated for SIJD 9/10 and burning stopped and pain localized to rt side
Surgery w/ Dr Dellon 5/11 - didn't help my pain
2012 - PT, massage therapy, and ART therapy from chiropractor
MRI showed labral tear and US of groin found hernias
2/13 - surgery for sports hernia
5/13 - still have obturator internus spasms
5/13 - appt with ortho spine dr
8/16/13 - Arthroscopic surgery to rt hip for FAI and torn labrum

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”