Prologo Interview On Home Page

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
sadie

Prologo Interview On Home Page

Post by sadie »

Violet,
Thank you Violet for the Dr. Prologo interview on the homepage and for doing such a great job with it . Thank you for not forgetting PGAD patients, by asking him if he had successfully treated any patients with PGAD. I cut and pasted 2 comments Dr. Prologo offered about collecting data, that I too hope will be available in a year from now. Looks like you have your work cut out for you come next summer in follow up questions lol Again , I am sure I speak for many,when I say thank you Violet to the moon and back for this forum........and the same goes to all that contribute their comments and support to help others here at HOPE.

Dr. Prologo: Yes. We are in contact and collaborating to compile all of our data and results, including survey follow up, to answer this question. We hope to have this finished by the end of the year.

Dr. Prologo: This is another very important question. We are compiling data from 3 separate institutions using a follow up survey to get an accurate answer to this question.

Sadie
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD
Violet M

Re: Prologo Interview On Home Page

Post by Violet M »

Thanks, Sadie. Maybe you could arrange a follow-up interview with him to find out the results! :D

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Pleasehelpmegod

Post by Pleasehelpmegod »

i will be making an appointment with him tomorrow. Does anyone know how long it will take for scarring to happen if the pudendal nerve is compressed by the alcocks canal?
sedona

Post by sedona »

Re: Prologo Interview on Home Page
Has anyone had the procedure done that Dr. Prologo is doing - called "cryoablation" - which involves freezing the pudendal nerve? I called at one of the hospitals he works at in Emory Johns Creek Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia and they said he's still doing the procedure. I have read a couple of articles about the success of this procedure and that Dr. Prologo said the patients he has treated over the last four years are still doing well. I'm thinking about going up there (I live in South Florida) to have the procedure done. I have not found any doctors in my area that I feel comfortable with treating this.

I developed this burning in my vaginal and buttocks area everyday as a result of surgery I had to remove a growth on my left ovary. The doctor aggravated this nerve and it took four months for a true diagnosis. It was a neurologist who said it's pudendal neuralgia, but could not tell me how to treat it.

I would appreciate your comments.
Thank you,
Dorothy Z.
onmynerves

Post by onmynerves »

Hi Sedona,

No, I haven't. But, I'm looking in the UK for this procedure and can't find anyone/anywhere. I was hoping that 2+ years on we'd have an update and some details of places/consultants that do this procedure and the findings of how successful it is/isn't with patients. But, I think he's probably so busy!

Are you able to PM me or share the stories from other patients who have had this done, with me/others? It's so helpful! Thank-you!

I hope you're able to make it over to him and your procedure goes very well. Do get back to us and let us know how it goes, if you go ahead with it.

Good luck1

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”