Potter MRI Hospital for Special Surgery

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
flash gordon

Potter MRI Hospital for Special Surgery

Post by flash gordon »

Hi all,
Been years since I have been here. I pretty much gave up on a cure for my condition of hypersensitivity at the tip of my penis. As of this November a new shooting pain down the left side of my shat to the tip has emerged. I said enough and had the MRI of my pelvis done at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NY. Results ce back with no compression noted. Some tearing along my sit bone on the left but nothing else. I have had a laminectomy on my lumbar spine but that was for sciatic pain which has mostly resolved. Any advice as to what to do next would be helpful. I Lost and been surfing for about 11 years now.
FG
stephanies

Re: Potter MRI Hospital for Special Surgery

Post by stephanies »

Hi Flash,

When did you have the laminectomy, before or after your PN pain began? I ask because in my search for answers, I have been learning more about spine issues and PN. Did you have both lumbar and sacrum MRIs? You can always get other doctors to look at the images and see if they see anything different than Dr. Potter. I have found that different doctors find different things significant.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
flash gordon

Re: Potter MRI Hospital for Special Surgery

Post by flash gordon »

Stephanies,
I had the PN pain before the laminectomy. I am in the middle of working with a urologist at Stony Brook University. Don't have much confidence in outcome though. I have been to Dr. Chapman in NYC (off of this web site years ago)about a PN nerve block but am scared. I can still have relations with my wife even though there is some discomfort. I am afraid of something going wrong and losing that. Thanks for the advice. Trying to show the mri around. Hope you find answers for your own issues. FG

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”