Neuropathic damage after pelvic surgery? Advice.

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
tara21

Neuropathic damage after pelvic surgery? Advice.

Post by tara21 »

Hello,

I am new to writing in this forum but have read many posts.

I am curious if anyone here has had acute neuropathic pain/damage from a pelvic surgery and did anyone ever have full resolution— and if so, how/best method of recovery?

I had a pelvic surgery 2 years ago and have been living in acute pain ever since I woke up from the surgery. I have also had 2 corrective surgeries, which made some symptoms better and others, much much worse.

I am also happy to talk via PM if easier.

I should say I haven not been diagnosed with PN, but doctors tend to think there is ilioinguinal/hypogastric or genitofemoral nerves involved.

Thank you in advance for any replies. Tara
Violet M

Re: Neuropathic damage after pelvic surgery? Advice.

Post by Violet M »

Hi Tara,

To answer your first question, has anyone ever had neuropathic pain/damage from a pelvic surgery, I just did a search using the word hysterectomy and found over 500 posts. I used the word hysterectomy in the search because I know it is one of the more common surgeries that results in neuropathic pain. As I read through a few of the posts, it is apparent that there are many women who developed pelvic pain as a result of hysterectomy. But there are other women who have posted on the forum who got it from some other type of pelvic surgery. I can't tell you how many of them had their pain resolved. I think it depends partly on what type of damage was done. I remember one woman who had a stitch through the pudendal nerve and she got better after the stitch was removed.

If your pain is due to the ilioinguinal or genitofemoral nerve being damaged it would likely be easier to deal with because those nerves aren't as complex as the pudendal nerve and they aren't necessary for bodily functions like the pudendal nerve is.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SURGERY”