genital sensitivity temporarily came back for 6 days

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Pleasehelpmegod

genital sensitivity temporarily came back for 6 days

Post by Pleasehelpmegod »

So I had Bilateral TG decompression surgery Oct 10th with Dr. Conway. On November 18-23 i had full genital sensitivity return. On November 23rd I did a lot of stuff i shouldn't have done. I masturbated 3 times in a day, I did a exercise my pt taught me where you place a yoga block between your knees and squeeze your knees inwards. I also laid on my back and forcefully twisted my right foot inwards and outwards very hard. The reason i did this was because during surgery Dr. Conway Retracted my obturator internus in order to see the rest of my alcocks canal, apparently i have an over sized Obturator internus, because of this retraction it made my OI muscle so tight that it felt like it was going to rip from the bone. The next day i woke up with 2 sharp stings on the left and right pudendal nerve and my genitals went completely numb. My Genitals has been extremely numb since then. Lately i'v noticed i cant feel pain in my penis. This morning i took a hot enough shower to the point where it was painful on my hands but i couldn't feel and thing on my genitals. I've also been late a buzzing in my genitals a lot, like a constant buzzing and buzzing in my both my feet. my penis feels very grainy and very light. I'm not too sure whats going on...I feel like when i twisted my right leg i compressed the nerve enough that blood isn't getting through the entire course of the nerve which is causing it to go numb. I'm trying to decide whether i should go back into surgery to fix this problem, either i go back to surgery with Dr. Conway or I go to Belgium to meet with Dr. Bollens and do right side laparoscopic pudendal decompression. Has anyone here heard of a case where somebody re compressed there nerve post op?
sadie

Re: genital sensitivity temporarily came back for 6 days

Post by sadie »

Dear "pleasehelpmeGod"
I am so sorry to hear about all your distress. To begin , I am not a nurse or doctor but I am a patient who has read a lot about how long it takes to heal after surgery, if in fact the nerve is going to heal. After pudendal nerve decompression surgery it can take three to five years or more to heal , if the nerves are in fact heading in that direction. It is my opinion that you should not have a second redo surgery before at least three or more years after your first PND surgery . Hopefully you have been in contact with Dr Conway about what is going on with your situation... and is he aware that you did physical therapy so close to when you had surgery with him ....also pay close attention to which meds you are taking, and if there was any change in your medications or the dose as that too can affect your symptoms. If physical therapy has flared up your symptoms in some cases it can take months for them to resolve and get to where they were initially. If you're on benzodiazepines or oxycodone or anything that affects you or thinking you may want to take a step backward and a deep breath and talk to doctor Conway about all these issues . ...because you may not be making the best decisions for your health when you're not thinking properly. I say this as one who had redo surgery only 2 years after the first surgery and wish I had not , but I was medicated and my decisions were pharmaceutically fueled. I wondered , is the numbness where you used to feel pain? If so, is the numbness a feeling you can tolerate better than you could tolerate the pain ...or is this in fact a new symptom? Either way this is something you should take up with Doctor Conway as soon as possible. He has a very understanding doctor and I am sure I can explain what is happening. Since you are a male , and may benefit from speaking to other men on this forum with like issues , in an effort to narrow the search for other men, i would put the word
" penis" in the search bar and see how many men with the same problem show up. You can read their post and then send them a private message if necessary. I'm sorry I could not be of more help, and I believe that's all that I can add... except, try to stay stress-free and possibly sedentary , until you've had a chance to see Dr Conway . All the best to you. My phone is on low battery so if I have anything to add I will come back and do it tomorrow. I know you can do it. Sadie
sadie

Post by sadie »

PleasehelpmeGod,
I wanted to add that i know 2 patients who have had simular surgeries n a month or so later had sensations on the bottoms of their feet. One felt like she was walking on pockets of air like lg packing wrap and the other felt glass shards on the bottoms of her feet. The first patients resolved in a year and the second patient still experiences the shards of glass feeling. I felt sever itching on the bottom of my feet after the pudendal nerve block ,which also caused PGAD after both shots, given a month apart. The shots were done w depo medrol, and i still suffer from PGAD. The itching on the bottom of the feet lifted, but i will never forget it.
Again best of luck n try to stay at home, stay away from any stress and call or skype w doctors if possible because of virus. :D Sadie
Last edited by sadie on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
CALIhelp

Post by CALIhelp »

HI EVERYONE

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK IF I SHOULD HAVE PUDENDAL NERVE DECOMPRESSION SURGERY?????? I AM THINKING ABOUT THAT OR CRYOABLATION OF THE PUDENDAL NERVE...... I CAN NOT SIT IN A MOVIE THEATER GO ON LONG DRIVES IT DRIVES ME CRAZY... HOWEVER I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE THIS WORSE I AM LEANING TOWARDS DOING CRYOABLATION OF THE PUDENDAL NERVE

BEST WISHES TO EVERYBODY AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND I HOPE NOBODY HAS TO SUFFER....
sadie

Post by sadie »

Cali
I did not see any history of symptoms or treatments so I clicked on your name to view all your posts and see that you posted this in 5 places so to help you get some feed back if you could go back to all the post and edit by adding a link to where you posted your first post with some insight of the history of your symptoms. It you never posted that you may want too, and then just link to that in each post you did like this one, or cut and past your history under each of the new 5 posts. After that you may get some more responses and will not have to answers the same question over and over for every post you made. I feel your desperation and pain and I am just sending this will hugs and total understanding and the sincere desire for you to get help. As for CRYOABLATION..you should talk to dr Prologo and always asking your self b4 any surgical decision " What if I am worse off after surgery?" For instance if I was a man and had impotence and was considering a procedure that could make me incontinent too, would that be worth it ???...you can date and find an understanding partner that will love you weather one is imponent, but dating may be more complicated with no bowel function. As the PN deals with defecation and urination too. I am sorry I can not help you beyond this, except to say that Dr Conway did my PND . He is a very kind man and I believe it helped with some symptoms ...while others I still have ..but I am also on Lyrica for nerve pain and Lexapro to stop the pain and pgad symptoms, from going to my brain so it hard to tell.
You may want to try those meds to tie you over while considering procedures. Either way if you do decide to have a procedure please come back and share ...it will help you and the members, as we can tell you what to expect at different points of recovery. Good Luck my friend and I am truly sorry that you are suffering . I know that you are being proactive and will find the right answer. Sadie
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Do all your research before surgery. It needs to be perfected a billion times what it is Now. I had 2 failed decompression surgeries I am beyond frustrated and upset.
By failed means no better and some things are worse and the nerve is re-entrapped with scar tissue.
Last edited by jaxi123 on Wed May 13, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pleasehelpmegod

Post by Pleasehelpmegod »

jaxi123 wrote:Do all your research before surgery. It needs to be perfected a billion times what it is in my book. I had 2 failed decompression surgeries I am beyond frustrated and upset.
Have you done lap?
sadie

Post by sadie »

PleasehelpmeGod
I think you sent me a pm and i sent you my email back...if you did not get it pm me again and i will send it again. sorry sadie
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD
CALIhelp

Post by CALIhelp »

I am so very sorry to hear that you had 2 failed decompression surgeries.... what Dr. did you go to... What do mean it failed... like it made the pain worse.... or the pain stayed the same...
sadie

Post by sadie »

JAX123 sorry about your surgeries too .. what book are you referring too? Did u write one. As for research i did mine but whose really to say if pnd surgeries work or do not when we are on meds n so much of the derailing of symptoms comes from that..unless of course the pnd surgery makes you worse... then it truly can say its a failed surgery. Be safe watch only positive tv it helps ...sadie

Return to “SURGERY”