Really need help **** updated 14 April 2020**** at 4.00am

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Wizimum

Post by Wizimum »

I have just spent 3rd night on lounge floor alone and in pain. I have not showered or changed for 4 days and my appetite has disappeared. The more I research the more frightened I become. Limited medical knowledge, lifetime of pain,burden on my family. If is wasnt for the present lockdown situation there is no way I could cope with out having 24/7 support at home.

I can see that some people have read my post but have not posted any comments but I am asking for a lifeline. Not trying to sound melodramatic i can see that i will have to leave my job, as involves sitting..alot. Leave my husband, he needs to be able to have sex which I cannot see being possible with out extreme discomfort/pain.

I dont want my family to have to care for me would rather go it alone. In addition they want the old me back, my husband is already onto me to contact the doctors to sort it out asap but I have read nothing that makes me believe this is a possibility.
CAN DISC DISEASE cause PN?

I have developed buttock and front to back all on left side- numbness, burning, tingling, pressure (like having a baby), for the last two days i could only stand for 9 minutes before i had to resume the relief of the all four position as the pain in the area was intense and felt like someone had shoved a red hot poker up my bum!!

Day before due to the numbness I was admitted to A & E for an MRI. No cauda equine so sent home, prescription to follow and possibility of elective surgery.

Symptoms seem like PN but not finding much linking lower bulging/herniated discs to this condition. Diazepam today seems to have relieved the pain so am able to stand for longer. Numbness still remains and bladder incontinence is prevalent

The only other thing I did differently just before the problem developed was use a Ab slendertone, theory was that if I could strength my core it would support my back but could this have caused the problem???

Any help, advice, experience greatly appreciated.

HISTORY 46 year old, previously active mum of 3. Work full time in sedentary job as school bursaries. Have sciatica since 2012 two previous MRI Scans most recently 2016 advising of a level two bulge L5/S1 distorting left S1 nerve root. Usually manage flair ups with diazepam, ibuprofen, walking and life style adjustments. I have been diagnosed with an overactive bladder which is treated every six months with botox injections. I always maintained my back and bladder linked but medically this had not been confirmed.
janetm2

Re: Really need help **** updated 14 April 2020**** at 4.00a

Post by janetm2 »

Hi Wizimum,
I am not sure if disc disease causes PN but I think both can happen at once. Have you seen a pelvic floor physical therapist? Maybe that can loosen up a tight muscle and/or recommend a doctor see in your area. There is a list of physical therapists on the home page.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

There are spinal causes of pudendal neuralgia. Disc compression and Tarlov Cysts are two that come to mind. Have you had both lumbar imaging and imaging of your sacrum and tailbone? Please try to see a doctor knowledgeable about PN and a neurosurgeon who can look at all your images and make a plan for evaluating if your disc issues.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Chadp13

Post by Chadp13 »

It may be a long shot..but the ab muscles are linked to the pelvic floor. With use of an electrical device like that ab belt it could cause the pelvic muscles to contract..and that alone could cause compression of the Pudendal nerve. Further worrying would just cause more contraction (though I understand how difficult it is not to). Going to a pelvic floor therapist or PN doctor would be a good idea.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”