Finally getting worse. This sucks.

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
flash gordon

Finally getting worse. This sucks.

Post by flash gordon »

I believe my last post was about 6 years ago. I have no where to turn so I jumped back in here. Been dealing with glands pain for 10 or so years now. It's changed my life so badly I am at the end of my rope. My penis used to only hurt when lightly touched. I could have sex no problem but when my underwear runs against it feels like razor blades. I was just at Disney with my kids when I got the sharpest pain in my abs. The pain shot down to my right testicle so badly I couldn't move. Now everything down there feels uncomfortable but the tip of my penis is constantly hurting. Not just from light touch anymore. I was diagnosed with 3 hernias years before when I had a kidney stone. Didn't really pay any mind to it. Just wanted the kidney stone horror to go away. Now I am thinking, could all this be due to one of the hernias. I drive a lot and sit on a very rough machine almost every day. I thought for sure it was the pudendal nerve. Also about a year and a half before I had this issue I had prostate injections for no good reason because my wife and I were having trouble conceiving. I will never forget the first shot of 6 that went through my anus to my prostate. The pain shot right down to the tip of my penis. Sorry but the doctor was a quack and I did it for my wife. I believe the pudendal nerve runs through the prostate? Would have done a nerve block but was having bad reaction to steroids and was scared. Does the doctor at Cornell still do those MRI of the pelvis? Would like to a least do that. Any support would be greatly appreciated. No one has any idea how bad this really is.
FG
stephanies

Re: Finally getting worse. This sucks.

Post by stephanies »

Hi Flash,

I think an MRI of the lumbar spine and sacrum is a good idea. I don’t know about a doctor at Cornell, I had imaging at Johns Hopkins with a thorough report, although I have learned that reading images is quite subjective, so if you get the imaging done you can get several opinions on it.

Stephanie
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
flash gordon

Re: Finally getting worse. This sucks.

Post by flash gordon »

Stephanie,

Thanks for the reply. Just went to a urologist to get a script. Would you believe they would not give it to me. They want to check for kidney stones and do a CT scan of my pelvis. So frustrated right now. I guess I will see what happens. Thanks for your concern. I will look into John's Hopkins. Thanks again.
FG

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”