Please Help - Female, PN

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Love13

Please Help - Female, PN

Post by Love13 »

Hi,

I'm very new to PN -- suffering now for about 3 weeks, and only figured out that it is PN last week. My main symptoms are pain in my clitoris (it also seems to have shrunk), along with little to no engorgement of my vulva tissues -- they seem to have shrunk as well. I'm not responding to any sexual stimulus (eg if my clit is rubbed, I don't engorge and I don't "get wet" in my vagina). I'm also having some urinary urgency at times.

Has anyone ever recovered from this condition? I"m only 42 and so badly want to be better again and resume my very satisfying sex life and just have my body work properly.

I'm reluctant to have surgery etc. Hopeful some physio therapy can help me?

Any encouragement or success stories out there?

Thank you,
Love13
mary jane

Re: Please Help - Female, PN

Post by mary jane »

hey
We have a large Success stories section here. Yes, most people do recover, though not all 100%
tiny bartholin infection triggered vulvar nerve pain.
Diagnosed vulvodynia Sept '13 (no burning but electric shocks, paresthesia, aching, buzzing)
Feb 14- Taking 50 mg Ami/Elavil
May 14-pain free with 50 mg Amitriptyline and 300 mg Pregabalin. Back to normal
Dec 15- weaned off all medication, pain free, wearing skinny jeans
April 17- pain returned, Amitriptyline 50 mg. Something doesn't make sense in my diagnosis.
Currently treating depression and anxiety

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”