My new inspirational and funny but true quotes

Here is a place for social chats with special attention to support and non medical discussions. We need a place to chill out, where we can distract from our pain and enjoy lighter moments, share a joke or funny moment with others.
AuntNetty

My new inspirational and funny but true quotes

Post by AuntNetty »

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"

"Life...it's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain....Lets Dance"

A lil' chicken soup for the soul. Sometimes we (pn and pelvic sufferer's) need reminded. We are still the the same valuable human beings we always were, we're just injured. I just look forward to the day where i can sit on the beach, in the morning and watch the sunrise, with a excellent cup of coffee, and not even think about this constant pain in my ***. That's the first thing on my bucket list. How about you?
April

Re: My new inspirational and funny but true quotes

Post by April »

Those are great, Aunt Netty. You used the storm line in an earlier post, and I thought then how insightful that is. Dancing in the rain, indeed! One thing I was hoping for during my very difficult last year before my surgery is, in fact, happening regularly for me now, and that's waking up in the morning without pain so I can lie there for a while without rushing to the freezer for ice. It is glorious!

April
AuntNetty

Post by AuntNetty »

Hi April,

I am beyond happy for you. Those little things in life we take for granted...like your not having to rush to the freezer for ice because you woke up in pain. Gives me hope. From what i can tell, you have had a long road to get to this point. I hope you have continued relief and not flare ups. The good things that come from everyone's suffering is that you appreciate the little things in life much more. Somewhere on this site someone wrote "Every day is like groundhogs day" and i had to laugh. Ain't it the truth...Anyway April...Dance On.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

There was a time after I recovered from PNE that I thought how wonderful it was to be pain free and that I would never complain about anything trivial in life again after having gone through PNE. I'm afraid I have not entirely lived up to that, 15 years later, but reading your posts reminds me again of how amazing it felt after surgery when I started having days that I could actually notice the blue sky and all the plants in my yard that I love so much, and actually enjoy them again. Thanks for the reminder April and Aunt Netty, of how many blessings I have to be thankful for and how little I have to complain about. My wish for everyone who finds this forum is that they will find the answers they need to be able to live a normal life and enjoy life again!

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Patty

Post by Patty »

Violet you are an amazing person!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

After my surgery my sister gave me a book illustrating the song "I Hope You Dance." You can google the song on YouTube.

I love your positive attitude, Netty. You will get through this. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
AuntNetty

Post by AuntNetty »

Violet,
I absolutely love that song. I think of my wonderful children every time i hear it. Getting nervous, as the time is getting closer...thank you

Return to “SOCIAL DISCUSSIONS & FUN”