Is the PN reason for my ED and buttock pain?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Unfortunate

Is the PN reason for my ED and buttock pain?

Post by Unfortunate »

:|
Last edited by Unfortunate on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet M

Re: Is the PN reason for my ED and buttock pain?

Post by Violet M »

Hi,

Well, I can't diagnose you but I can tell you the pudendal nerve innervates the penis, perineal area, anal sphincter, and bladder sphincter. Problems in any of those areas can be associated with PN. Often it isn't just one thing that causes PN but a combination of things over time. The fact that you were an athlete, that you sat a lot, that you had problems with your knee that may have caused you to have pelvic misalignment or sacroiliac joint dysfunction due to the way you were walking, the excessive masturbation, and your anxiety, may have all played a role in your symptoms. I had a lot of inner thigh burning due partly to the obturator internus muscle being overly tense, and partly due to the perineal pain referring down my legs. So, I can't say for sure what is your primary problem but seeing the right people for treatment is important for this problem, so if you can get to a good PT who is trained in treating pelvic issues that is a good place to start. I think you said you have a therapist now. Is this a physiotherapist who is doing pelvic floor myofascial release via the rectum? Is that what caused the burning thigh pain recently? When I had myofascial release of the pelvic floor it caused a flare-up in pain/burning because it aggravated the pudendal nerve.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Unfortunate

Post by Unfortunate »

:?
Last edited by Unfortunate on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Unfortunate wrote:Do you think is possible this nerve problems to be the cause of the change of my penis color and drier skin on the head of penis?
It could be, because the pudendal nerve often runs alongside the pudendal blood vessels so if one is affected the other could be. The nerves control vasoconstriction in the blood vessels. So I think it can be tricky to determine whether it is a vascular problem or a nerve problem but if you are having other nerve symptoms you naturally would lean toward it being a nerve issue. The burning pain you described is a common symptom with PN. There have been other patients with PN who had skin discoloration although it isn't one of the more common symptoms of PN.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
chenonceau

Post by chenonceau »

Hi, where are you from exactly ? (if you're willing to share that information).

ED and modification of sensitivity (less or pain) seems common symptoms of the users of this forum.
Testicular pain started Jan '15 - off by may '15
Back Pain + Pain when seating Jan '16
Loss of sensation when urinating Mar '16
Urinary Retention Aug '16
Diagnosed PNE Sept'16 - 2 Nerve blocks Nov '16
Diagnosed Myofascial Syndrome March '17
Self-cathing since summer '17
Bilateral Decompression Surgery (Dr. De B., France) September '18
Unfortunate

Post by Unfortunate »

:P
Last edited by Unfortunate on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unfortunate

Post by Unfortunate »

:cry:

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”