rTMS (Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation)

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
Hopeitworks

rTMS (Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation)

Post by Hopeitworks »

I wanted to share my experience. I tried a controversial treatment that I want to share with you all.

I hoped I would embark on a journey that would change my life for the better, but it did not work. I decided to try rTMS (Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation), now before you decide to stop reading please understand I am not saying PGAD is "in my head". I figured the brain controls a lot of things and the worst that could happen was it could treat my depression. I also learned that rTMS does help with pain condition such as:
Parkinson's disease
IC
Phantom pain
Nerve pain
And others

While starting the treatments I was advised by the treating Physician not to go on FaceBook, Groups and Google PGAD. He felt it could impact the treatment. Because if I doubted it the treatment wouldn't work.

I had to drive 80 miles one way every day for 8 weeks. I picked a facility far away from my house because they were the closest treatment center that had a Magpro machine. I researched that the Magpro is the best machine to use for chronic pain.

It did not work for me but I don't regret doing it! At least I can say I tried it!

I do think the treatment may be helpful for those that got PGAD from an SSRI. Because it changes the neurons in your brain, along with the dopamine and serotonin.

The first 3 days of treatment I had nausea but it wasn't bad. Then I started getting diarrhea but the doctor said TMNS doesn't cause diarrhea. So, I went to my PCM and she tested me for other factors that could cause diarrhea and all tests were negative. Either way, it went away after I ended RTMS treatments.

Hope
April

Re: rTMS (Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation)

Post by April »

Thanks so much for the report on this, Hope. We have to exhaust all our treatment options with this problem, so it's great that you tried and shared it with us.

April
Violet M

Re: rTMS (Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation)

Post by Violet M »

I think it makes sense to try anything you think might work when you have PGAD. Even though I knew it wasn't all in my head I went to a chiro trained in treating neurological problems. He wanted to try a treatment to "talk down" my autonomic nerve system, so being desperate at the time I went ahead and tried it. It did not work for me but I understand your statement that at least you tried it and you don't regret trying it.

Wishing you the best as you continue to search for the right treatment. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”