TheraWand experience

Up and coming news about new ideas, new forums, and other suggestions that we plan to implement in the near future
Sk8rcruz

TheraWand experience

Post by Sk8rcruz »

Hi,
I’ve been diagnosed with pudendal Neuralgia, being treated by Dr. Hibner and received physical therapy at Outpatient Rehab Center: Sutter Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in Oakland CA. The center has one part time pelvic therapist and I was very fortunate to get a space on her calendar. Esther Dolowich is the therapist. A few visits in, She showed me a TheraWand and explained how it works. I bought one and brought it to my next visit. At the time I was still experiencing good pelvic floor muscle relief from a Botox treatment. Esther helped me learn to use the wand to locate and put pressure on muscles using a clock face as reference. Well, my Botox wore off, suddenly, last week. My last two nerve blocks (with steroids) have missed a small area of my right perineal and labia. It was the right side pelvic muscles that started spasming first. Just tightened into knot. Super painful. I was in between PT visits. I lubed the TheraWand with prescription lidocaine gel (not recommended by Esther-she uses coconut oil), and gently found the culprit muscles at 3 to 5 O’clock. I used the wand as instructed and it greatly reduced the spasms. Anyway, if anyone out there is going to PT for pelvic floor muscle spasms and tightness, maybe ask the therapist about ways to self treat between visits. This is the TheraWand website:
https://pelvictherapies.com
I’m not confident enough to release my coccygeus muscles myself, but that’s ok. We all do what we can, right?
Violet M

Re: TheraWand experience

Post by Violet M »

I found myofascial release helpful after my PNE surgery. Glad to hear it is working for you using the therawand.

I would say that before surgery though, I think that massage with the therawand would have flared up the nerve really badly. My symptoms with PNE were somewhat different than symptoms of just tense pelvic floor muscles.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
chenonceau

Re: TheraWand experience

Post by chenonceau »

I had succes using the therawand too, but only to remove a trigger point on the obterator internus.
Testicular pain started Jan '15 - off by may '15
Back Pain + Pain when seating Jan '16
Loss of sensation when urinating Mar '16
Urinary Retention Aug '16
Diagnosed PNE Sept'16 - 2 Nerve blocks Nov '16
Diagnosed Myofascial Syndrome March '17
Self-cathing since summer '17
Bilateral Decompression Surgery (Dr. De B., France) September '18

Return to “NEWS & UPDATES”