Injection for rectal/tailbone pain

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
jaxi123

Injection for rectal/tailbone pain

Post by jaxi123 »

What is the best type injectio to try for pain right inside rectal opening and tailbone pain?
Ganglion impar was no success
Violet M

Re: Injection for rectal/tailbone pain

Post by Violet M »

I'm assuming pudendal nerve blocks didn't help, right? I'm not sure you could even have a block of the inferior rectal branch of the PN because the anatomy of where it comes off the main branch varies from person to person. You could experiment with blocks at the sacral nerve roots but the procedure would come with some risks, especially if a steroid is used. It might not be a risk you want to take if there are still other options available to you.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”