Numbness/tingling/twitches?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Cade

Numbness/tingling/twitches?

Post by Cade »

The last couple days I've had waves of numbness and tingling wash over my butt/upper legs/genitals. It only lasts for a couple seconds but happens multiple times a day. I've also been having random twitches throughout my whole body. Are these known to be symptoms of PN? What causes it?
Cade

Re: Numbness/tingling/twitches?

Post by Cade »

I think I might be losing sensation in my bowels/bladder. I can't tell when I have to urinate/have a BM until it's trying to force itself out.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Then you need to get checked immediately for cauda equina syndrome and have that ruled out if you haven't already. Did you already have a lumbosacral MRI?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Cade

Post by Cade »

May have been a false alarm, I've been able to tell when to urinate/have BM's today and yesterday. I think I was just empty from not eating much for a few days and I got anxious about it. I'll still pay close attention for other symptoms though. Twitches and tingling have gone down some, might just be part of my flare ups.

Still having bowel issues though, I find it hard to expel even soft stool unless it really needs to come out, fiber and miralax are keeping it under control/keeping me regular though I think.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”